Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently fitted a set of Eibach springs to my car and when you go to full lock the spring creak like they are not sat properly

The top mounts are very recent last owner had them fitted about 3000 miles back if that and they look like new no play and freshly greased

I have had the lot apart twice now and it seems alright , cant see why its happening but when i rebuilt/rechecked the nearside strut i smeared a little coppaslip between the spring and rubbers which has certainly helped

No clonks or creaks when driving only when parking really

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
A squirt of WD40 on the both ends of the spring cures it until the wet washes it away ... I think you gotta live with it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
aye aye

Yep i had this with my springs and they are eibach too.

Dave from DMC performance set them up now and i have no creaks.

Basically the top was oput of line with the bottom, easily fixed with a master bar and socket onto the top and turn while keeping the bottm still until in line.

Couttsie is his username here.

Top bloke

Hope this helps

Tony:smthumbup

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try that but not sure how much movement there will be as the top cup cant move on the damper shaft as its D shaped

·
Registered
318 Posts
ok

I'll try that but not sure how much movement there will be as the top cup cant move on the damper shaft as its D shaped
If i mind right Dave said something similar and that maybe set would hae to be taken apart, but he gave it a go and it moved enough to fix the problem.

Worked for me, Eibach springs on standard damper.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
When you refit the springs, the spring top hat needs to be aligned with the lower spring platform. There is a hole in both for this purpose.

What you'll probably find if you haven't done this is that the spring will turn at each steering angle extreme, rubbing on the rubber isolator.

I had to move/ rotate the rubber isolator attached to the spring top hat in order for it to fit the top of the Eibach springs correctly too.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts