Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My standard crank pulley on my 5 went last week and I'm struggling with fitting the new one. First question is has anyone got any ideas as to how I can pull the tensioner back when refitting the belt as someone at some point has snapped the 3/4" square to insert a ratchet into.

Also I'm struggling to actually get the old crank pulley off, I'm presuming no special tools are needed?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
take the tensioner off its held on by a few bolts then find something to shift it in a vice put a bolt in it so its locked in position
4 bolts hold the pulley on

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've got the 4 bolts out of the pulley, there's also a pin in there which I can't get out. Is there anywhere safe to prise against to get the pulley off?
Think I may need a new tensioner as I've got this one in the vice and I can't get it to move whatsoever

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
As above, undo the 2 bolts and get the tensioner off. The crank pulley is keyed so you can't twist it off, you may need a puller if tapping the sides with a hammer doesn't work.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right got pulley off and new one on but I'm still struggling with this tensioner. Over got it in a vice and had a massive g clamp on it for some decent leverage and still can't get it to move at all. Do they come apart as I've just looked at the price of new ones! I'd also like to get the car running tonight as it's my daily and it's been sat in my garage for the past week.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
sounds like it could be siezed you need to try and soak it in oil to see if it will start to move if not its a new 1

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Seeing as the ½ inch drive hole has gone, a replacement tensioner would be the best bet :( Sure you can get one for sensible money on here, post up a wanted ad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts