Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a small crack on the base of my rear spoiler (Evo 6) just above where it meets to boot lid. There is no other visable damage. Anyone else had a similar problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clive,

is it cause for concern? It appears to be slowly getting worse. I have spoken to the dealer and they haven't heard of it before. I'm trying to claim under warranty.

Steel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it is caused by fatigue because the spoiler moves about a bit. I've side swiped the kerb a few times (a bit too sideways!) and this lateral loading have probably caused the cracks on my spoiler, plus the fact that I have done lots of trackday and I run a very hard suspension setup on the road.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has this problem, it's the sort of thing you wouldn't notice unless you are looking for it. It shouldn't happen so get it sorted on warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Clive, I've not had mine on a track and rarely go sideways, my suspension is standard. It's very noticable because my car is black and the plastic(?) beneath is white. I've taken it back to the dealer and they are talking to Colt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I 've got to take the car back to the dealer so that I they can do an estimate for CCC. This is my third claim since November. They are normally a little slow but they do seem to pay out in the end.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Update

This has now been okayed by CCC, just waiting for a replacement to arrive.

Steel:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts