Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drive shaft for evo 2 incl mounting parts, ralliart or similar ecu for evo 1.

If you have any of these parts or know where I can find really cheap please let me know..

// Dan

·
Registered
7,349 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
xlr8 said:
completely different to e1-3
- the ralliart ECU in question in posts above yours is a 'Group N' version
- sorry to say that I sold both of mine a few years ago.....
I know the ones listed are not e1 -3 compatible but someone there must have an E1 that's Ralliart'ed who's going for a new ECU?

Either that or speak to Power Engineering in Uxbridge or WRC at Silverstone. They maybe able to remap your original ECU to Ralliart standard as thats all a Ralliart ECU is!!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
martincarew said:
I know the ones listed are not e1 -3 compatible but someone there must have an E1 that's Ralliart'ed who's going for a new ECU?
Either that or speak to Power Engineering in Uxbridge or WRC at Silverstone. They maybe able to remap your original ECU to Ralliart standard as thats all a Ralliart ECU is!!
:confused:
sorry, but.. in which case why mention the ones coming up for sale and suggest contacting the guys ?

the Ralliart ECU was made in very small numbers specifically for the evo3 to comply with 'Group N rally' rules
- you're supposed to run it with a restrictor but works better without & can be used in any e1-3 (as a number of people on here are)
AFAIK, the later Evo Ralliart ECU's aren't/weren't for GroupN rallying were they ? (...asking as not sure)

not worth re-mapping the original ECU ....it would have been done by now...especially in OZ or NZ
+ unlike the EcuTek developments for the later Evos...there's probably little money to be made by trying to crack an e1-3 ecu to download the base-map and alter it IMO
- just much easier & cheaper to re-chip using a 'Gizzmo' or 'Mines vx-rom'

Re: going to a new ecu
don't really need to.... as e.g. 350bhp(flywheel) can be produced without resorting to a new management system
= a seriously quick car

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
xlr8 said:
:confused:
sorry, but.. in which case why mention the ones coming up for sale and suggest contacting the guys ?

the Ralliart ECU was made in very small numbers specifically for the evo3 to comply with 'Group N rally' rules
- you're supposed to run it with a restrictor but works better without & can be used in any e1-3 (as a number of people on here are)
AFAIK, the later Evo Ralliart ECU's aren't/weren't for GroupN rallying were they ? (...asking as not sure)

not worth re-mapping the original ECU ....it would have been done by now...especially in OZ or NZ
+ unlike the EcuTek developments for the later Evos...there's probably little money to be made by trying to crack an e1-3 ecu to download the base-map and alter it IMO
- just much easier & cheaper to re-chip using a 'Gizzmo' or 'Mines vx-rom'

Re: going to a new ecu
don't really need to.... as e.g. 350bhp(flywheel) can be produced without resorting to a new management system
= a seriously quick car
:rolleyes: Only trying to help. :shake: :sorry:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
xlr8 said:
wasn't having a pop Martin
just puzzled....
thought you may have had some 'insider' info ;)

cheers
:)
As I understand it there are people out there with the software and abillity to remap pretty much any make of ECU for any car as circuits for the standard ECU have to have software uploaded to them to work from the manufacturer. If this is the case then any ECU can be re-programmed. Obviously processing speeds etc will vary.

The Ralliart ECU as I understand is basically a reprogrammed standard ECU as is the Power Engineering and I'm sure I read of another recently.

If all of this is true, then any ECU can be reprogrammed to new parameters on any car.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
true....
but....
1. the e3 ralliart ECU was specifically made for GroupN rallying (as per the model you're selling) and getting hold of one is like finding hens teeth
....not the same as later Evo Ralliart units which were/are available as a tuning upgrade for road cars

2. it took EcuTek long enough to crack Subarus before moving on to Evos
....unlikely that they or anyone else would want to do the e1-3
as there's no money in doing it...if there was it would have been done by now.....
& it's far cheaper to re-chip an early car with bigger gains than it is to re-flash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts