Lancer Register Forum banner

Couple of questions

497 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  DrBob 
G
#1 ·
First trackday coming up on Friday, and I want to get a helmet (plan on doing a few trackdays and would rather have my own). What are the regs? Are the helmets you use the same as bike helmets? Will a bike helmet do? I've got a great choice of bike helmets locally.

I'm a bit concerned about my tyres too - I've done just over 3000 miles on the Yokohamas and they're starting to get pretty worn. The fronts were wearing down at the sides, so I've swapped front to back. Fronts now have about 5mm, back just under 4mm - how long are they likely to last on Friday if I behave myself? If needs be I could change them before then, but don't think going on the track with brand new tyres would be such a good plan!

Any advice appreciated.

Bob

G
#2 ·
If its a dry day you will finish of your Yoko's,if it it wet it will just be more challenging.

Yes a bike helmet will pass scrutineering,if they check which they don't normally,I have a Nolan open face,cost about £145 very comfortable I just removed the drop down visor.I dont like full face in a tin top gets to hot.

Regards Barry

G
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Barry.
Original Post:
If its a dry day you will finish of your Yoko's,if it it wet it will just be more challenging.
I'd worked both of those out already! :D My only real concern with the tyres is having enough tread left to get home without upsetting Plod. If the worst comes to the worst I suppose I'll just have to finish early. I'm surprised how quick the Yoko's have worn - I don't think they'd make more than about 4000 miles even excluding trackdays, and that includes running the car in. To be honest I don't mind the wet, I've found the car to be totally planted in the dry, but have had a bit of fun sliding it round in the wet. Despite everyone's criticisms of the Yokos I've found them to be OK - fairly predictable and haven't let go big time yet. I certainly wouldn't say they let go any easier than the P-Zero Assimetricos I had on the 911.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.