Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi 1st of all can any one tell me how to take the dash apart so i can get to the back of my head unit so i can connect rca leads to it. and next question, is there any holes at the back of engine bay so i can get a power cable from battery to inside of the car. thanks to any one who takes there time to help me out pics would be lovely too thanks.

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Right, from memory you have to pop off the stereo surround and the stereo will be help in with 4 screws. (Stereo is fitted within a bracket) This will give you the access you require ;)

For the power/battery cable. In the passenger footwell is a large rubber grommet with a large wiring loom. The cable will easily pass through into the engine bay:smthumbup

HTH
Scott

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Get an old wire coat hanger and use it to push through the grommet, tape the cable onto it and carefully push it through to make sure it doesn't come off, that way you get the water tight fit :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Right, from memory you have to pop off the stereo surround and the stereo will be help in with 4 screws. (Stereo is fitted within a bracket) This will give you the access you require ;)
Just to add to this, if the stereo that's fitted is aftermarket, it's likely to be held in using its manufacturers method. This generally requires specific 'keys' and will enable you to slide the headunit out of the dash.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts