Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. (great forum youve got here and i love evo's, got a 106GTI myself)

im a student doing a dissertation, this is on the subject (with full-respect) "why do middle-aged men buy sports cars?"

it would be great if some of you could answer this question for me.
so please, if your in the age range of say 35 to 55. could you tell me your age, and answer my question "why do middle aged men buy sports cars?"

its all anonymous for the research.

thanks a lot

·
Registered
608 Posts
Have you thought about posting this on the TVR forums? ;) :crackup: :crackup:

I would help, but as a mere pup of 30, I'm a bit young for this. :D :D

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
40 years old

middle aged men as you put it, choose the evo probably for the same reasons a younger driver has, Ie there is no other car for the money that does everything a well as the evo. my reason is a toy to use on hi days and holiday( oh and i can afford to buy and run the thing due to hard work :)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
goldGTI said:
whats the adress for the tvr forum mate?
PM Mosi, he'll fill you in on a few forums about mid-life crisis people buying sports cars.

Personally I bought mine cos it was about the fastest thing I could afford, and I get some form of ego thrill from being the fastest thing on the road and just being better than everyone else.

Of course that is just when I am in the car. Most regulars here know that outside the car I am nothing like that :D

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
goldGTI said:
hello. (great forum youve got here and i love evo's, got a 106GTI myself)

im a student doing a dissertation, this is on the subject (with full-respect) "why do middle-aged men buy sports cars?"

it would be great if some of you could answer this question for me.
so please, if your in the age range of say 35 to 55. could you tell me your age, and answer my question "why do middle aged men buy sports cars?"

its all anonymous for the research.

thanks a lot
I'm aged 33 and dunno and don't care :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Try PISTONHEADS or sum Phsycology related website :D

Sorry to sound negative but there has been sum real tosh on this website lately!!!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
...few...

...thank god for that, forgot I was only 31 for a minute... that means I'm not middle aged right? but I do have an Evo - life is good!!!

...but oil barrons are still the enemy!

happy researching,
danny.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yup, wrong type of person on here I fear.

You dont really buy an Evo to look cool infront of the ladies do you now! :crackup: (Not unless she has a **** load of elizabeth dukes finest anyway! ;))

In the words of an old boss: "I bought the boxster over a TVR as most women wouldnt recognise the TVR badge..." Now thats a midlife crisis!

(Also, while im a long way off your definition of middle aged, is 35 really the threshold?! Thats only 10 years away! :cry: )

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Fat, balding - doesnt like the idea of plastic surgery so they get something they feel that will impress the birdies. A display of wealth and a taste for aggression. ;)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If you were hoping someone middle aged would say they bought an Evo to help them pull I think you might be disappointed :lol:

Steve (39 y.o. and NOT middle aged :) )

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Re: ...few...

danny burns said:
...thank god for that, forgot I was only 31 for a minute... that means I'm not middle aged right? but I do have an Evo - life is good!!!

...but oil barrons are still the enemy!

happy researching,
danny.
I answered as i feel middleaged.!!! :crackup: :D

Bl00dy software i'm working on at the moment is aging me like one of those sci-fi films.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, sorry if i offended anyway saying 35 is middle-aged.
there is no solid line really...
your replies will be useful tho so cheers

·
Registered
747 Posts
goldGTI said:
I'm 40 and have just bought a 911GT3.....

why...?

because I can. ;)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
goldGTI said:
Out of interest, EVO's rarely appeal to the ladies - definitely more of a man thing. You need to be checking sites such as Porsche, TVR, Noble, Ferrari, Mercs etc.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Out of interest, EVO's rarely appeal to the ladies - definitely more of a man thing. You need to be checking sites such as Porsche, TVR, Noble, Ferrari, Mercs etc.
So what are you saying? That we're all :gay: ? :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Aidy said:
So what are you saying? That we're all :gay: ? :D
No, that we all have a "Driver's" car and not a Sports car... ;) :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
608 Posts
mrfq340 said:
I'm 40 and have just bought a 911GT3.....

why...?

because I can. ;)
Or are your trouser tops getting closer to your nipples? is that the real reason? ;) :crackup: :crackup:

·
NR555
7,416 Posts
Well, i'm 34 on sunday, and i have an evo .......

because i CAN and **** what anybody thinks

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
most folk i know can only afford an evo when they get a wee bit older due to insurance and running cost . the evo is a drivers car and cant see many people getting one to impress the women. some people buy speed boats others fishing rods its wot you enjoy that counts.... plus you can also easily fit the wife and kids in for a pleasant sunday trash round the track..but being outside the bracket and 67 years old maybe im wrong

1 - 20 of 40 Posts