Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well most of you guys should know by now I drag anyone who owns and Evo in Cornwall out on a Sunday night for what we call "Coffee & Cruise!" We meet have a drink, a chat and then hit the roads, been doing this for months. :smthumbup However during the week I looked through the current edition of the "Top Gear magazine" and there was a section within it titled "Roads to drive before you die!" of all the roads in the UK, the b3306 about 7 miles away from where we all centrally meet was their choice. It's an awesome road, not a fast road in the respect that 80 is plenty, but the foot and wheel work needed to cover the 13.6 miles of this heavily twisted roads...makes for great fun. :coolsm:

7 of us meet up last night, everything from a very nice and loud 4 rs, a 5, a 6, couple of 8's and my Evo 9 :smthumbup

The road itself is set on the coast and therefore heaps if steep inclines going in to sudden right and left handers followed by a few nice straights! We can highly recommend that anyone who's got an Evo should try it at least once :naughty: But do what we did and leave it until dark and the roads are empty, so you can have a proper go at beating TomTom's suggested 26 minutes :lol:

Have a look at the road layout, and a you tube clip of a biker showing exactly how good a road it is :smthumbup:

YOU TUBE CLICKY

Anyone who would like to come down and meet up with the rest of us on a Sunday late evening on future weeks ahead then PM me and let me know :coolsm:

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
697 Posts
Would love to have a go at that road. It looks fantastic & your lucky to have it so close. A good practice or the Ring :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I did this road last year - but in my campervan. It was a p-i-t-a :D

Would be a blast in an Evo though :smthumbup

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would love to have a go at that road. It looks fantastic & your lucky to have it so close. A good practise or the Ring :smthumbup
Yeah it's a decent road Nige, watch the new link in this post to have a better look. The road have just about every type of bend and twist in it that you'd ever need to experience. Needless to say with the windows down and Evo's a revving.... We created a great deal of noise, and only saw one other car the whole length of the road, and was pretty much doing the same as we were! :naughty:

link is dead
Thanks Lee, not sure what happened there but here is another one. YOU TUBE CLICKY

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
That's a fantastic road, driven it many times. So jealous of you living in what in my opinion is the most beautiful part of the UK:smthumbup

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a fantastic road, driven it many times. So jealous of you living in what in my opinion is the most beautiful part of the UK:smthumbup
You're welcomed down on our turf any time you like buddy ;)

Just for your information the daily mail had a review of the top ten locations not so long ago and St. Ives came fourth in that, after the likes of Tahiti and other obvious big names you'd expect to be there.... but the thought of a tiny town in Cornwall being 4th in the world with the road leading out being Top Gears roads to drive before you die, must be doing something for the property market down there surely. :rolleyes:

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
839 Posts
Looks like great fun :smthumbup

I love the whole idea of a weekly night time 'coffee and cruise' meeting, it would be good if there was something similar where i stay.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Hi Mark,
looks like i missed another good night:wallbang:, really wanted to come along but i dropped my car down to Alan Jeffreys on Saturday morning to have a few little upgrades. Hopefully you will organize anther drive soon:naughty:
Cheers
Si

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I hope to be able to attend one of these meets at some point, are us Devonshires allowed down that far? ;)

That B road is one I have driven before and agree its a cracking road, not done it in the Evo though so would like to do that!

And I love St Ives (even if the seagulls are vicious pasty nabbing vermin) so can see why it came 4th in that survey!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Looks like great fun :smthumbup

I love the whole idea of a weekly night time 'coffee and cruise' meeting, it would be good if there was something similar where i stay.
Why don't you be that man? being very very south, there wasn't a lot going on down here, so I got a load of business cards made up with my contact details on them, and dropped one under the wiper of every Evo I saw, it grew over the months and now we have a minimum of about 4/5 ranging anywhere up to 11 at best on any one night... On the Evo owners Christmas party I arranged at the Eden Projects we had 17 going all over Cornwall for a cruise after my organised man sized fry up for 26 adults and 4 children.

These little night time meets are great, as the roads are clear and those people that bought their Evo to drive it, can certainly do so! :naughty: It's not all about ragging about like you stole it, as most of us are family men and woman, with other halves and children... I've decided that know the group is of a decent size, that for 2010 the last Sunday of every months would instead be a lunchtime family "Carvery & Cruise!" ready to enjoy the summer months hopefully being not too far away! :coolsm:

If you've got three or four other Evo owners in your area start off with them, two or three weeks down the line, word will get out Evo's are out again, and you'll soon find new recruits to join in with it all....:smthumbup

Here is all "The Usual Suspects!" sitting down for their coffee, laughing at some of the joke threads from the MLR of the week... also a good time to share tuning advice to those lower down the power bracket than you, as well as a good general chit chat! :coolsm:

And on that night we went up north of where we met and bumped into another Evo 6 who just happened to see and most probably hear :rolleyes: us out and about... So yet another name and number for the weekly meets! :smthumbup

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Mark,
looks like i missed another good night:wallbang:, really wanted to come along but i dropped my car down to Alan Jeffreys on Saturday morning to have a few little upgrades. Hopefully you will organise another drive soon:naughty:
Cheers
Si
Every Sunday matey, unless it's below 3 degree's/icy as it's not worth the risk or the insurance excess :coolsm: we've gone right through the winter and the warmer weather is on it's way!

Yeah the roads a right hoot, and a man of your driving capabilities would love it... we pretty much (all but 1 car) had it to ourselves all night :naughty:

Have been with EngineTuner quite a bit this week, and likely to be there again with another one of the group for more power on Saturday...nobody likes being at the back :lol: Alan's looking after these guys down here really well so in September when we have his Dyno day against the Scoobies again, I can see us seriously kicking butt! :smthumbup

What are you having done to yours?

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
841 Posts
I am from Truro my self and next time i am back home i will have to have another look at that road as i have driven on it a few times but never in the evo.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am from Truro my self and next time i am back home i will have to have another look at that road as i have driven on it a few times but never in the evo.
Yeah, when your back home look me and give me a shout, I'll introduce you to the others then! :smthumbup

Regards

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
What are you having done to yours?

Regards

Mark[/QUOTE]

Rod job
Jun cams springs/retainers/pulleys
750cc injectors/fuel regulator
mongoose exhaust
HTA Green turbo:D
plus a few other bits.

Then i got some Alcon 6 pots to fit:)

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
422 Posts

Paul from AJ sent me this on Saturday so thought I would post it up. :D

Mark - I will be down definitely for a coffee and cruise night just need to get a Monday off as I won't fancy getting up the following morning I doubt!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hopefully when I find my replacemant Evo I will get to A meet:blah:.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts

Paul from AJ sent me this on Saturday so thought I would post it up. :D

Mark - I will be down definitely for a coffee and cruise night just need to get a Monday off as I won't fancy getting up the following morning I doubt!
That white 6RS looks nice:D:mhihi:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.