Lancer Register Forum banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

· Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
37,851 Posts
Aidy said:
Well I guess that makes sense. Watch any driving discipline on TeeVee and you'll see cars oversteering around every corner. It's just how you drive cars "proper".
No wait....I was watching "The Fast and the Furious" at the time....

· Premium Member
1,967 Posts
a good rally driver just sets the car up for a corner and does it without even thinking about it .ask him how he does it afterwards and hed probably just shrug his shoulders .its called Natural Abilaty ,you either have it or you dont .

· Registered
9,500 Posts
gaz007 said:
a good rally driver just sets the car up for a corner and does it without even thinking about it .ask him how he does it afterwards and hed probably just shrug his shoulders .its called Natural Abilaty ,you either have it or you dont .
Well put Gaz some people just can't accept others natural ability to drive better than the others.

· Registered
9,500 Posts
Aidy said:
Well I guess that makes sense. Watch any driving discipline on TeeVee and you'll see cars oversteering around every corner. It's just how you drive cars "proper".
You might have read all the books on it but doesn't mean you can do it.

You have read the Karma Sutra - but it doesn't mean you can do that either :crackup:

So leave the driving to people that know what they are doing and go back to playing Gran Tourismo on your PS2 :crackup:

· Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
37,851 Posts
gaz007 said:
Can you ride a push bike? Do you remember when you first started and it was really hard? If you effortlessly got on a bike and rode it, and someone asked how you did it what would you do? Shrug your shoulders and say you don't know.

Were you born with a "natural ability" to ride a bike?

· Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
37,851 Posts
JonRS2 said:
You might have read all the books on it but doesn't mean you can do it.
And cos you're read other people write about doing it doesn't mean you can do it either.

Before you dig any deeper a hole I suggest you learn from Honest Abe;

"It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."

· Registered
9,500 Posts
Aidy said:
And cos you're read other people write about doing it doesn't mean you can do it either.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."
You keep believing what you want to believe.

And I will stick to knowing what I know.

I know every thing about every thing

I taught the Stig how to drive

BTW I was being sar-car-stick :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Aidy said:
Can you ride a push bike? Do you remember when you first started and it was really hard? If you effortlessly got on a bike and rode it, and someone asked how you did it what would you do? Shrug your shoulders and say you don't know.

Were you born with a "natural ability" to ride a bike?
well yes ,as it happens i could ride a bike as soon as i could walk . :D

· Registered
9,500 Posts
At the end of the day whether you prefer under steer or over steer when cornering as long as you can control it and come out the other side with the speed you need then it just comes down to personal preference as to which is right for your own personal driving ability.

· Registered
9,500 Posts
Aidy said:

surely shouldn't that be

And cos you've read what other people write about doing it :confused:

I must be getting to you as you don't very often make basic mistakes in grammer like that.

· Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Aidy said:
> Perhaps we have just got a natural ability to drive these cars properley.

No. What you do have is overconfidence in your knowledge of driving. I won't comment on "natural ability", but what I do have is a fair amount of professional driver training which I'll choose to put more faith in.

> what I said was I can't remember either of my Evos under steering
> through too much power on a corner

That's because you are applying the power too suddenly. Refer back to my previous point...be smoother with the power and you'll find the understeer you think your car lacks.
it doesnt matter how much pro driver training someone has .if the driver is clueless about handling and has no idea then that driver will never be any good at driving at serious speed.drivers like ,Mcrae bros ,Wilks ,Loeb etc ,do you really think they have had pro driver training ? my money would be on NO .driver training is mainly for Volvo drivers who fancy getting upto the national speed limit safely.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.