Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i bought my Evo i read a lot on here and elsewhere about how well the evo handles on corners and after reading about the ACD and AYC i was expecting the car to really stick when cornering. Now i might be doing something wrong or maybe theres something i need to check on the car but whenever i hit a corner or roundabout at speed the backend seems to let go so easily. Am i doing something wrong or is that the way it is supposed to handle, should i be drifting it round and just controlling the understeer. I checked the tyre pressures the other day and they seem fine, maybe wheel allignment is slightly out or maybe i'm just not doing it right. Maybe its just a case of practising to control the drift but i've had a couple of dodgy moments and i'm worried that i might push it too far. Is it better to keep it in a lower gear and keep the revs up, should i be braver and just let the traction do all the work ?

anyway i'm waffling now so cheers for any advice.

mark.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tyres are Toyo T1-Rs been on about a month so loads of tread. wouldn't say i brake too much going into the corner usually i've slowed down sufficiently before entering the corner or maybe i am going in a bit too hot. i've been doing it on dry roads and have been trying different ways to see how best to take them. maybe i'm revving too hard mid corner and the wheels are spinning up a bit and losing traction.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the advice, to be honest this is the first performance car i have owned coming from motorbikes so maybe its just a case of me adapting. which other tyres should i be looking at ?

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gaz007 said:
talking of bikes ,the new R1 is looking good .think it will be hard to say no to one. :coolsm:
to be honest i am missing bikes, not that i would trade the Evo in for one as i have become addicted to it but i can easily see myself getting one when spring arrives. I've been wanting the new GSXR 750 for a while now and i am going to be very tempted when the sun starts shining.

although with a service coming up at the end of the week and the possibility of getting a new set of tyres all round i think it will just have to stay a dream for the moment :cry:

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
thanks for all the opinions i guess its just a case of practising to make perfect as usual, although maybe i should wait for drier weather before pushing it too hard. a track day definately seems like a good idea so maybe i'll look into doing one this year.

cheers,

Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.