Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To reduce the heat in a turbocharged engine is always a good thing to do. There is an item called radiator shroud/cover which is supposed to channel more air into the radiator and the other item is called the front under panel/sump guard which is supposed to aid cooling in the engine compartment. Any comments on these two items!
I have already had a Ralliart themostat fitted which is a straightforward replacement of the std. themostat. After fitting it I find that the fan now kicks in earlier and I think is about 5C earlier than usual.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you want to spend seriously, go for an aftermarket custom radiator, such as those offered by SPEARCO USA. They also make radiators, though often overshadowed by their intercoolers. I think it would cost you about 800 dollars for a really big radiator, just give them your larger or upgraded precise measurements.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Botchi'
I am looking at an ARC/Japanese made bigger radiator especially for the Evo5/6. Still checking on the prices. ARC not as common as HKS stuff and it can be a problem trying to source them especially in Malaysia.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By creating a low pressure zone in the engine compartment more air will flow thru the intercooler and radiator and around the engine etc , if the air just conjests up against the front of the car it isn't going to find it's way in to cool anything.

Thats the reason for the huge bonnet vent on Evo's.

Anything that manages the airflow so that it extracts from the engine bay is the way forward

1 - 4 of 4 Posts