Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like there is a few of us going from the area so would be good to head up in good old fashioned convoy!

I guess it makes more sense for us to go m4, m25 so how about a meet at the shell by the John Nike centre? Then its just up the 329 and onto the m4?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Guys,

You really could come up with a better route than that if you want some fun !

Go Reading -> A4 -> A404 Wycombe, then go to Aylesbury on the A4010 and then on to Buckingham on the A413. That time of the morning it would be pretty cool (The Aylesbury-> Buckingham road is pretty good fun). From Buckingham, get on the A422 and turn right just out of Buckingham towards Stowe School (Chackmore). That road takes you all the way to Silverstone.

James.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jcremonini said:
Guys,

You really could come up with a better route than that if you want some fun !

Go Reading -> A4 -> A404 Wycombe, then go to Aylesbury on the A4010 and then on to Buckingham on the A413. That time of the morning it would be pretty cool (The Aylesbury-> Buckingham road is pretty good fun). From Buckingham, get on the A422 and turn right just out of Buckingham towards Stowe School (Chackmore). That road takes you all the way to Silverstone.

James.
Sounds good James!

Does anyone planning to come along know that route? DaveG?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sat Nav..... nope
Passenger and a map..... nope!

Anyone want to lead!? :D

The 404 route definately has to be more interesting though.
Say a 7am departure from the Marlow roundabout on the A404 (the layby just after it, northbound)?

James, Any chance of a couple of multimap links for the junctions/directions you suggested?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dave,

Sure - I'll sort some maps out for you and post you the links. I'll do it in the next day or two. Depending what time you aim to be in Aylesbury (or near it), I could easily meet up and guide you (slowly) to Silverstone.

James.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers James, any time this week will be great.

At a guess Aylesbury is 45 mins or so from Silverstone? So prob around 8ish if you fancy an early start?! :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dave,

Ok - I'll PM you soon with my Mobile number.

If you can get to Aylesbury (which is just a case of following the
A4010 which is signposted on the Handi-Cross roundabout), then I will guide you to a meeting point and we can carry on from there.

James.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok James cheers.

DaveG, Numpty and myself are meeting on the A404 near Marlow at 7am. Id imagine we would be in Aylesbury around half past?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi ,

Yes - 30 mins is about right from there. (.....runs off to set alarm clock to 'that bloody early ?!!' setting)

James.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its almost against my religion getting up earlier on the weekend than I do in the week!

I fear a 'Wild Bean' stop will be in order!

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
daveR said:
Sounds good James!

Does anyone planning to come along know that route? DaveG?
I took LeeLegend and the gang down this route a few years ago on the way to Trax @ Silverstone. Its a corker....and at that time should be a right blast.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts