Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
3rd May, those travelling west down the M4, fancy meeting for a convoy? There was an earlier suggestion of M4 services, but that is a bit inconvenient for T27/Droid/me etc. who are at J12 just past it!

So, can I suggest Savacentre car park instead? It is just off J12.

Exit M4 J12. At the roundabout, turn right (A4 to Reading) as soon as you get on the road you will encounter a mini roundabout. Turn left into Savacentre carpark.

We should congregate at the start of the carpark.

Time? What about 7:45?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
thats fine by me, but dont know what car ill be in, haven't silenced the evo4, so not much point in taking that!
can we oggle at some porsches whilst were waiting around?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think this is early enough, signing on starts at 8am with drivers briefing at 8.45. Could take a while to do that lot, and don't forget breakfast :D and of course BIG BREAKFAST for Tony, gotta slow him down somehow ;)

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Tonys too nice and friendly to be an aggresive gutsy driver, its his mechanic that you need to buy a stodgy breakfast for! ( after he's done stud collies brakes)
when did a drivers briefing ever start on time? but those of us without heavily modded mitsis should head off earlier, don't suppose sainsburys sell optimax?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Sainsburys don't but one junction back on the M4 they do, just one minute off the junction ( J11 )

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Original Post:
Sainsburys don't but one junction back on the M4 they do, just one minute off the junction ( J12 )

Kevin
Kevin,

Aren't you thinking of the Shell garage just off the A33 / J11 (not J12)?

(See you on Friday ...)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Dunno what you mean, I put J11 ( liar I edited it ;) ) thanx for pointing that out Ian. Look forward to seeing you all on Friday, got the car finished now unlike Cadwell.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Splodge,

you know i love you and all but...;)

i'm not bring the th dog with me that day.....the collie can stay at homehttp://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

The wife(Nicky- sorry to be stereo typical but she is 'very Blonde':)!) will be there though:D, and my mate's (buxham) wife;) (Carolyne)...i'm not allowed to drive fast with the wife in the car but i do enjoy giving Carolyne a good ride[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > with hubby watching ..of course:D:D)

i've told them they have to wear Mitsubishi catsuits! and carry umbrellas for the lads on the way to their cars[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >!

of course Russ (and Tony) will be getting special treatment for fitting my pads....(should put them off there driving!!!)

Lots of Love

Stud COLIE (not collie):D:D

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Kev has a point, but if it is like Cadwell, and it will be, there will be sighting laps, and exhaust tests too. We have to get there for the briefing, sign on takes two minutes and breakfast no time at the rate I eat! If we get there for 8.30, that gives us 15 mins for breakfast and sign on - easy.

Let's say we will depart at 7:45 at the latest, all aim for 7:30 - if we get together in time, we leave earlier...

As for the breakfast, my recent weight increase will be ample ballast to offset my power advantage :(

If only people had the secret for dieting - wouldn't need to spend half as much on tuning then http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

So, list is :

Kev
Splodge
Droid
Me
Russ (In my nearly acquired transit :) )

Russ won't be able to keep up as the thing only manages 70mph.

Anyone got any ideas on tuning a 2ltr pinto petrol engine - would be nice if the van had a bit more grunt! Trailer next, make my life LOADS easier!

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Getting towbar fitted to the transit tomorrow!!! May well be towing the EVO!!!
Yikes!

Not sure I can get a trailer hired in time though....

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Tony

I look forward to seeing you Friday but I'll have to pass on the convoy as I've got to bed the six pots in on the way down http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

You and amp; Kev have both bolted on more power , so I thought I would improve my braking capacity to make up :D

Look forward to a good blast Friday :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Oh No! Dave with 6 pots! Any advantage initially thought has been quickly eroded away :(

With any luck you will outbrake yourself as I pass on the outside :p

He he.

Actually, I don't know combe too well, but it isn't a hard brake circuit as I remember... not like Donington. Quite a fast flowing track, apart from the chicanes, but you can trail brake into those, so it isn't all hard straightline braking.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Tony
Except into Tower, that sorts them out. Dave is waisting his money again, he don't use the brakes :D see you there Dave.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Castle Combe is basically quite a fast track, I remember it as almost like an oval with 2 chicanes. Good track for evos, even with the standard suspension.

Blade,
Ride in your beast still on ya? ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
I'm looking forward to Combe with some trepidation!! Last time I was there I stuffed it at quarry. My car is difficult to drive there due to the bumps and the effect it has on putting the power down smoothly. 416lb/ft, rear wheel drive and a combination of major lift-off oversteer (it is very difficult to feather the throttle on the Sierra since it has a tendency to snap shut) makes for some hilarious antics!

Ben
(Mine is the grotty looking white 3dr) see you all there

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
JSpeed - no probs.

Picked up today - have had a new insert for the exhaust insert (!) - sounds like a tornado, but has resulted in loads of back pressure (boost has dropped off as a result) - will sort |PLS| play at Donington tomorrow - hopefully it will be all awesome for Friday.

Totall lack of a speedo at the moment!!! Need to get the stack one working :(

Rear spoiler is on, but boot not painted - so ugly tank tape in place :(

Still, goes well :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
****! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

After coming off at Donny, i had to put my wheels in for having all the tyre remounted etc. PLace told me I could pick them up at 6, was there 5:55 - bastards had gone. Saw one of them leaving - he doubled back even to see me - and drove off. I then drove off and saw him parking up at a house - asked him if I could get my wheels and he said NO! *******! Can't get them before 8.30 tomorrow, so I can't come on the convoy - and won't be there now till about 10 am. Jesus.

Can someone let Darin know that I will be late. Thank god it is open pit!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts