Lancer Register Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Dave,
Have you confirmed that it is only running 1 bar still i.e. have you now got a boost gauge fitted so you can read it as you go along?

The other possiblity is that you have a defective airflow meter as this is the thing that triggers when the fuel cut occurs.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a guage on order, in the meantime I borrowed a guage yesterday when I fitted the bleed valve and it was definately 1.0bar with the bleed shut (and no boost spike). Car is very sluggish (compared to how it used to pick up when I got it) so it's definately not on full boost.

How do I check for a faulty air metering unit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Dave,
Best thing to do is to get hold of the boost gauge for a full day or so and then you can run the car until you get a fuel cut and get an idea of what the boost is doing. The fuel cut will normally only happen when flooring it in 4th and 5th so try and get the boost gauge and then do this and see what it spikes and settles at.
If you are fuel cutting with only 1 bar boost then the AFM may be giving incorrect readings. I'm not sure if there is any way that you can test the AFM apart from remove it and check that the hot wire isn't covered in dirt/dust etc etc.

Andy

Edited to say that what might be happening is that the wastegate actuator might only be sticking intermittently and so this might be whats causing the problem. It you fit the boost gauge and keep it until you get a cut then you will know if this is the case.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.