Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem 1 !Ok then my latest little worrie about my car.. You all know about the engine noise that comes from the EVO on a cold startup, u know that TAPPET noise, or the so called NOISY Lifters.. Well For a while now I have had this noise, I am not to botherd by it, well I wasnt.. It used to come and go in short intervals, mainly when the engine was cold.. But now, even when the engine is fully warmed up the Ticking noise is still there, and it is quite loud.. And now its not coming and going, its more or less a sustained tick all th e time. The ticking speeds up when on the accelarator and slows down on idle..

Any ideas?

Probelm 2! The infamous CLUNKING from the suspension, I had my whole left shock replaced not so long ago.. But now, when on a left lock, slowly manuvering in car parks etc.. I get a mild to low sound like clunk clunk coming from the right hand side wheel.. What can I ask my engineer to look for? Bushes? New shock? Its just been in for a service!! They should check all this shouldnt they?

Thanks for ya time! Hope every one had a good new year!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If your car has just been serviced and now you're getting a constant ticking noise, it sounds like the wrong grade of oil has been used. Do you know what oil they've used?

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if you have had this lash adjuster noise for some time and now it is on constantly then the only to cure it is to replace them.
As for the clunk from the suspension what I suggest to check if the strut has been replaced is check the following.
Where the spring actually seats onto the strut there is one large hole at the front part, this hole should be in paralell with the hole in the plate at the top of the spring. Be careful though as their is 3 holes in this upper plate and it should be in line with the middle one. If it is not then this will cause a clunk when turning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same problem (1), I have had my car serviced today and the noise is a lot less apparent. Mistu have said that if it returns the only solution would be to change the followers. They have used Castrol SLX oil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys.. I am not to shure what oil they have used, its on the service sheet at home! But I get the fluids in the car changed very regulary..Including the gearbox..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.