Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that in the UK very much emphasize is placed on replacing the conrod bolts when using a different ecu(like Ralliart's) on the Evo VI, why is this?
Are there any known cases of them failing, and if so, under what circumstances?
I have done extensive enquiring with all companies here in The Netherlands involved with Evo VI tuning and maintenance and all told me that they never change the conrod bolts and they know of no (tuned)engine ever failing as a possible result of a problem using the OE bolts.
I also spoke to a guy involved in our national rally championship using a Evo VI 295Bhp/520Nm and who is also maintaining several cars like this and he also told me he never changed the conrod bolts on any Evo.
He told me the only reason he could think of for changing the bolts on a road car might be a higher Rpm limit on a different ecu. This doesn't apply to the rallycars as they only go as far as 6000Rpm he told me.
Anyone who can give info on this, anyone know of engines failing with conrod bolt problems after tuning?
René Smeenk
The Netherlands

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:bolt replacement with ralliart ecu, Why???

Doe ik ook André, juist daarom!
Aangezien ik nu de Scorpion uitlaat |PLS| Ralliart ecu op de Evo heb met piekdruk van ca. 1,45 bar/1.25 werkdruk en het vermogen ook vol benut, wil ik toch graag een beetje weten welk risico ik neem met de standaard bouten.
René

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re:Conrod bolt replacement with ralliart ecu

I just started reading this thread cos I've been told I will need to get it done, then you start talking gobble de goop!
Could you please give an answer in English as that is how the question started.
Many thanks
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:rod bolt replacement with ralliart ecu, Why???

Steve,
Learn your languages just as we do http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

The Gobble de goop is Dutch.
André was telling me to just go and have a fun (not to worry) and my answer was that I would really like to know what kind of a risk I am taking with Ralliart ecu and Scorpion exhaust already installed on the car boosting a peak 1.45, and steady 1.25 bar.
René

1 - 5 of 5 Posts