Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come insurance for an Evo VIII is alot cheaper than a VII. I've done a few quotes for an 8 FQ300 and some places are quoting me £600 cheaper than my 7 FQ300.

Same spec, same alarm and tracker and even though the 8 is newer and has a higher value the quotes are still cheaper.

It cant be the import thing can it? I thought all FQ's were classed as UK models with insurance companies.

if i new this from the start i would have paid the extra for an 8. I would have saved it in the long run on insurance costs.

I wonder what insurance is like on a 9... hmmm...might be a good selling point with the missus...... ;)

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Evo 8 is the only "real" uk car all before have been imported by ccc and Ralliart and are still classed as imports ;)

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Gazzor said:
Evo 8 is the only "real" uk car all before have been imported by ccc and Ralliart and are still classed as imports ;)
This isn't actually correct. The only Evo that could be callled a "real" UK car is the 260 as it has full EU type approval. All the othjer 8's are imports and they are not EU type approved but get through using the SVA rules. Howevere, that doesn't mean that insurers understand this point!

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Simon7extreme said:
This isn't actually correct. The only Evo that could be callled a "real" UK car is the 260 as it has full EU type approval. All the othjer 8's are imports and they are not EU type approved but get through using the SVA rules. Howevere, that doesn't mean that insurers understand this point!
Exactly

So from an Insurer point of view Gazzor is correct ;)

All insurers we deal with know exactly the differences between the models.

Jez

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Jez, do the insurers you deal with treat a VII import differently to a "UK" VII, even though the cars are essentially the same? (Serious question) :)

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Traction Man said:
Jez, do the insurers you deal with treat a VII import differently to a "UK" VII, even though the cars are essentially the same? (Serious question) :)
No mate

Its treated exactly the same

Jez

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i shouldn't really be paying more on insurance than i would on an 8 FQ300.

I think im gonna have to gice you guys a call at PWL.

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts