Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate this will receive a mixed reaction and the majority will feel it's a waste, and not what the car was built for. It certainly wasn't built for this purpose, I totally agree. However, I'm passionate about the marque and this is just my way of preserving one of the most iconic rally cars of the last decade.

Prior to the concours preparation it had been used as a road car, imported brand new to the UK in 1999. Les Walton(woodywoodpecker), the cars previous owner had kept the car in stunning condition and if an Evo justified this sort of attention, this was the one.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moorland Classic Cars did the hard work. These guys are better known for their results with proper classic stuff and Ford RS. They took the standard MK2 class and overall car on the day at the 2005 RSOC National Day with their X Pack.

How many hours? I don't think even the boys at Moorland know as there's always hours lost in this type of project. They have done a stunning job though, real perfectionists.

The only problem, once prepared to this standard it can't be used on the road without sacrificing the level of finish. It will be started each year (properly) and possibly driven to the MOT centre.........assuming it's 30 degrees in the shade!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
thats amazing work please lets have pics of the engine bay ..... what ever you've got and the biggest size you can get. :D

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
I don`t think it`s a waste Nigel, that is one fine car, i`ve seen lots of Moorlands work being into cossie for a number of years they are very good.

Is it Standard? i can obviously the the Nur spec r, what`s the engine spec??

Would you ever consider selling it?? :D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Saw this car when it had just come from moorland - it's a truly stunning work of art !

It's a credit to Moorland and to nigel for his attention to detail and his apparent OCD condition ;) :p :lol:

Joking aside, this has to be the ultimate Evo - surely cleaner than when it left the factory !! :coolsm:

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers guys, RichW very kindly took the photos but was so busy taking the shots of the underside that I don't have any quality shots of the engine bay.

Darin has expressed his intention to cover the car in Wastegate Chatter so I'm sure the full story and the hi res shots will be included.

The car is standard apart from Blitz stainless exhaust system, Goodridge stainless brake lines, Walbro fuel pump. I do have a brand new exhaust system but decided to keep the stainless system over the OE steel item. This way it prevents the OE unit corroding inside out following engine start up due to possible moisture retention. That said, it is kept in an air chamber.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
:eek:

Nigel - I must see that stunning RS in the flesh sometime - you should do an open day and charge an entry fee :D

1 - 20 of 225 Posts