819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just bought an Evo 7 and its got the following mods:

Apexi air filter,
Ralli art ecu,
buddy club cat back exhaust,
magnex down pipe and decat,
4 in 1 tubular manifold.

It ran 340bhp at the fly yesterday and the bloke at power engineering said that the con rods should be done next to up the power.

What con rods are best to get and how much does it cost to get them done ?

Im looking for about 360bhp, so what other mods would need to be done ?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
e7s are supposed to have weak rods for some unknown reason :confused: , put some forged ones in and you'll be able to go way past 360, oliver, hks, manley are all good rods ;)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, I was told that they cost about £150 and its an hour and a halfs labour to fit them

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
hes talking about arp conrod bolts, if you've not got these they do need doing before you pop a cap off...no idea on prices though, changing the actual conrods would see off a couple of grand ish ;)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
ARP ConRod Bolts are £30 from us. You can get a decent tuner/garage on here to fit them for a decent price.

There has been long term debate about whether this needs to be done at the stage of tune that your car is at.

Best to ask the engine builders on here.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh rite ill bear that in mind. I was told that if I upgrade the bolts then I would be able to up the boost to about 1.6-1.65

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i'm running 350/360 ish flywheel hp and haven't got them fitted and have no problems mate ;)

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
afc1903 said:
What about an EVO 8? Do you require to change bolts rods on them also? And at what BHP??
Thing is mate, your rods will go before your bolts will. So if your car is running safe power for your rods, then the standard bolts are fine :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
lee Parker said:
hes talking about arp conrod bolts, if you've not got these they do need doing before you pop a cap off...no idea on prices though, changing the actual conrods would see off a couple of grand ish ;)
Simon Norris has just quoted me £800 (2 days) to do the rods/pistons

1 - 14 of 14 Posts