Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Well iv got the right car just not keen on the colour (it's silver at the moment) so I'm having a full colour change, I'm thinking on a pearl white like what's on the focus rs mk2, I'm not sure if its called frozen white? Or have it done in Lamborghini grey.. (I like the pearl in that particular grey)
So any ideas on what colour would suit a Evo 8 or if anyone has had there car a different colour if they could put it up to give me a idea on how it looks that would be great :)
I no at the end of the day it's personal preference but actually seeing a 8 in different colours may give me ideas.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the frozen white a pearl? As iv seen a rs in a solid white and iv seen others with the pearl in it.. And pink that's more than a daring colour ha!

Hi Cupid yeah ivory could be a contender with some nice Matt anthrite/black rims concave rims?

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
We like the look of the ford pearl colour when we bought our mondeo ,inside it looked amazing outside it looked AWEFULL it looked to pink ive recently seen an SMAX in it and it looked dirty
whites good ,but you could do it PRIMER/LAMBO GRAY and you could get away with it being silver/primer in the engine bay

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would go white if i had the option. White evo 8 are super duper rare.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Id go custom colour create you own colour to your prefection insted of using colours that already exists on other cars.
Start off with a colour you like and make it your own.
Personal I like bright and clean colours few idieas,
Metalic flame red
Pearl white
Pearl yellow (like on the megane rs)
Pearl green (like focus rs)
Arden blue (astra gsi/vxr)
Orange (lamborghini)
Gold (astra coupe)
sunrise orange (astra coupe)

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
thing is with ALLOT of these pearls and flick colours there FLUNKING expensive to buy ,and damd near impossable to match if you have even the slightest scratch or graze

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Lambo grigio telesto grey,
I was so close to having my old 8MR done in it
Here is an 8 in America in this colour

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I've done midnight purple so that would be copying:mhihi::mhihi:

go for something that you will be happy with. Don't go for a factory evo colour as it will be the same as any other one:smthumbup

·
Registered
646 Posts
Matt metallic grey would be my choose of colour. But id have it wrapped if your not spraying it inside out. Which to do will be big money.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the response guys! Yes the pearl paint is expensive especially when they are 3 or more stage pearl..
Now that Evo 8 is what I'm talking about! And I suppose I'd get away a bit more with it been grey under the bonnet although I might get this done, iv got until next Monday decide the car go's in this Friday to be stripped :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Orange from supra in fast and the furious 1 if you want to be unique as Evo

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi guys
Well iv got the right car just not keen on the colour (it's silver at the moment) so I'm having a full colour change, I'm thinking on a pearl white like what's on the focus rs mk2, I'm not sure if its called frozen white? Or have it done in Lamborghini grey.. (I like the pearl in that particular grey)
So any ideas on what colour would suit a Evo 8 or if anyone has had there car a different colour if they could put it up to give me a idea on how it looks that would be great :)
I no at the end of the day it's personal preference but actually seeing a 8 in different colours may give me ideas.
I know how you feel im in the same boat got my perfect car ( 8mr silver ) but would love a colour change! Im sure i will one day and it will have to be white, that grey does look soo nice though!

·
Anthony
3,743 Posts
If the car is driven on the road, and especially if on the Track, my vote goes for a solid colour. Otherwise paint maintenance will be a pain and expensive, especially if it's a custom colour (been there done that...).

VIII's look awesome in Red, and white. But that grey above looks surprisingly good, and it certainly would be different!
Added bonus, it is the perfect colour to hide dirt lol.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
That grey as above gets my vote!
Theyve brought a skoda out in similar grey too.
would have deffo gone with that myself if my innerwings/ insides etc werent french blue :lol:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well car has gone in today to be stripped and prep'd at least it's a good canvas to paint on as the car is really straight and clean with no dents, still not decided on colour yet :0 think it's going the grey lambo colour then at least it can be matched if needed to in the future :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Good choice with the grey, that colour looks stunning, if your going to all that effort you might aswell paint it in a unique colour :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts