Lancer Register Forum banner

Coilovers (Fun) or Forged (safety)

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

· Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Setup/Handling first every time Dan, unless just doing drag then power can make up for a lot, maybe think about a map check to make sure all is tiptop especially if you still have that misfire??, stock engine should be good for awhile with mods you have as long as the mapping is spot on :D

Cheers
Ian
Hi Ian! The miss fire was just the plugs! Thankfully! It ran at Brands perfect allday considering the car ran about 150-160 laps! I like a bit of drag :gay: but I'm not that interested in getting really really low times, just the best I can get from my car.

Burgers22 carried out a log on my car and everything is spot on, minimal knock if any at all, inj. duty cycle fine everything spot on! So I'm happy with the way the car is running now, just maybe turn down the boost to 1.65-1.7 bar for a bit of extra safety.

What coilovers would you recommend from your experience Ian, PM if you want to save the thread going off track slightly! Or though I seem to have made my mind up now so could turn the thread into another 'what coilovers do I need!?' thread.

Just for the record, I don't really care how comfortable/uncomfortable they are as I don't use my car as a daily driver, so track based suspension is what I'm after ;)

· Moderator™
27,678 Posts
Dan,
If your car was 400- 400 then I would say coilovers all day long:D, , However, yours is much more than that & its on the limit have you got something like 440BHP & 450 Torque :headbang2

So in that alone, I would go for the forged engine for piece of mind knowing that a piston is not going to pop & your engine is screwed!!!!! :cry:

Just my views tho

· Registered
1,778 Posts
Dan,
If your car was 400- 400 then I would say coilovers all day long:D, , However, yours is much more than that & its on the limit have you got something like 440BHP & 450 Torque :headbang2

So in that alone, I would go for the forged engine for piece of mind knowing that a piston is not going to pop & your engine is screwed!!!!! :cry:

Just my views tho
Drop in pistons and rods are good for 600bhp and are £2000 from trl

Drop in rods makes the engine good upto 550bhp i thought for £1200 from nd but having forged pistons to is very tempting and cheap.

The Norris deal doesn't have a miles limit i dont think where as the TRL limited to 30k miles and RC Developments limited to 20k. So it depends on how far you want to go and your current milage.

I thinking about drop in rods & piston/rod deals at the moment. i believe "spikelikemike" has had the drop in piston/rod deal from trl and there are a couple on here who have had the nd rod deal also.

If you dont want more than the fp green (470bhp circa) the nd deal should be enough.

· Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hi lads, my thinking is, is that maybe I should settle for the Monoflex Coilovers and get the Norris rod change done, that way I think I can get the best of both worlds. Seems to be the most logical solution.

I don't intend changing my turbo either, so power will never be above 440-450bhp.

· TOO many posts.......
17,106 Posts
Hi lads, my thinking is, is that maybe I should settle for the Monoflex Coilovers and get the Norris rod change done, that way I think I can get the best of both worlds. Seems to be the most logical solution.

I don't intend changing my turbo either, so power will never be above 440-450bhp.
:crackup::crackup:

Decisions a Dan...:wallbang::naughty::crackup:

· Premium Member
10,816 Posts

Yes that sounds the best thing. I got my monoflex from [email protected] he did me a very good deal:smthumbup.

· Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Was looking at this deal from RC Develpoments, seems good value for money..

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=190004

If I read it right it means you pay £1080 inc. vat and thats the coilovers supplied, fitted and set-up.

A quick question for any suspension gurus, what advantages are there of having pillow ball top mounts? Are they worth the money over the 'standard' Tein top mounts that come with the kit??

· Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Now i know that's not an option..:shake::D:D

As you've said, rods & Suspension jobs a good an............:smthumbup

4 pages for this..:yawn::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Tell me about it Staffi - and I'm still not 100%! It would be nice to try the EXE-TC and Tein back to back just to feel the difference or whatever.... I'm losing sleep over this :crackup: :yawn:

· Premium Member
10,816 Posts

If I read it right it means you pay £1080 inc. vat and thats the coilovers supplied, fitted and set-up.

A quick question for any suspension gurus, what advantages are there of having pillow ball top mounts? Are they worth the money over the 'standard' Tein top mounts that come with the kit??
Yes they are worth the difference, the turn in etc, is much better.

· Registered
3,418 Posts

That doesn't incl. fitting mate. Thats supply only of the Monoflex!

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.