Lancer Register Forum banner

Coilovers (Fun) or Forged (safety)

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

· Registered
3,155 Posts
Compromise. I would go forge and uprate the bushes and possibly upgrade to ralliart top mounts.

SK

· Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Ive had the same dilema recently Dan :rolleyes:

Similar amount of cash to spend too. I spent my 2k on brakes and getting my suspension uprated again.....

My other option was to buy an FP green, injectors and a remap on standard internals - Imagine how hard my choice was with all the engine rebuilds and power upgrades going on at the moment :blah:

Just had a good think what I actually used my car for, then the decision was easier !! I'm not into the pub talk, I've got "X" bhp at 3 bar boost :lol:

· TOO many posts.......
17,106 Posts
Ive had the same dilema recently Dan :rolleyes:

Similar amount of cash to spend too. I spent my 2k on brakes and getting my suspension uprated again.....

My other option was to buy an FP green, injectors and a remap on standard internals - Imagine how hard my choice was with all the engine rebuilds and power upgrades going on at the moment :blah:

Just had a good think what I actually used my car for, then the decision was easier !! I'm not into the pub talk, I've got "X" bhp at 3 bar boost :lol:
Ken,

Thing is aswell buddy, you'll be ok just uprating the Rods, pistons will be fine to 500bhp...:smthumbup so it's a relatively cheap upgrade imo, take Northy for instance, tracks/sprints/quaters his car and it's 503bhp and still on standard pistons...:smthumbup

I only went for Pistons cus Moses did me such a good deal to be fair and i though well, why not if the rods were be done..:smthumbup

· Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Ken,

Thing is aswell buddy, you'll be ok just uprating the Rods, pistons will be fine to 500bhp...:smthumbup so it's a relatively cheap upgrade imo, take Northy for instance, tracks/sprints/quaters his car and it's 503bhp and still on standard pistons...:smthumbup

I only went for Pistons cus Moses did me such a good deal to be fair and i though well, why not if the rods were be done..:smthumbup
True Pete,

I'de do the same as you. If the engine was apart, there would be uprated pistons going in as well as rods. Sort of a different story for me I guess, as my limiting factor is my turbo at the moment.

I'm sitting the uprated internals, and FP green out for a while. By the time I'm ready for that, there may be an FP Red available for the Evo ;)

· Registered
34,682 Posts
Dan,

Simple answer bud, Manley Rods & Pistons off Moses.....AMEN......:smthumbup
lol he already did mate ages and ages ago , rods and gaskets etc but he sold them before he fitted them lol :D , he must be regretting it now lol his pistons r good enuff for 550 bhp , he woz gonna go for a drop in that time

cheers mate :)

· Registered
2,059 Posts
I'd do the coilovers first bud. At the end of the day 400bhp on a later 4G63 isn't a problem and if your car hasn't done alot of miles, it'l be fine for a good bit to come to allow you to save for engine upgrades in the future.

Mine was 40,000miles before I changed rods/pistons and havn't had a problem.

As for the 'Red', why not just jump stright in and get the FP3065?

I will hopefully posting up my results with this turbo in the next month of so if its of any interest.

Stevie

· Premium Member
22,359 Posts
As for the 'Red', why not just jump stright in and get the FP3065?

I will hopefully posting up my results with this turbo in the next month of so if its of any interest.

Stevie
I thought they only did them for the DSM 1/2/3 evo's?

Have you got any pics of it ?

Cheers

Lee

· Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replys guys!! I shouldn't of gone to bed so early!

I think Monoflex will be the way to go, I will see if what money I have left and then maybe drop some rods in, or, in 6 months time get 'em done then, that would seem to be the best compromise I think.

Nathan, I wouldn't bother with the EDFC mate so £150 saved already! I could always add it in later if I really wanted it ;)

· Registered
4,693 Posts
for quicker sprinting times ,,definately coilovers first ;).. your car is probably on the max power/ torque of safe limits on std internals . Just wind the boost down a fraction and you will still have a quick car but a tad safer .. Your times will be much better than you are doin now, oh and she will more than likely hold it together for the season :D :)

Where do you want to be higher up the overall table or close to the bottom :confused: ;)

Good luck dene anyway ,,John:smthumbup

· Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Setup/Handling first every time Dan, unless just doing drag then power can make up for a lot, maybe think about a map check to make sure all is tiptop especially if you still have that misfire??, stock engine should be good for awhile with mods you have as long as the mapping is spot on :D

Cheers
Ian

21 - 40 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.