Lancer Register Forum banner

Coilovers (Fun) or Forged (safety)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· TOO many posts.......
17,106 Posts
I really would love too! This will pretty much be 'the last' big mod I do for ages (don't we all say that!?) This is pushing the budget as it is but feel it has to be done, whatever it turns out to be! I know whatever I have done I will probably regret not doing the other!! Or will I?
You might REGRET the one over the other and you know the one i think...:smthumbup

· TOO many posts.......
17,106 Posts
Ive had the same dilema recently Dan :rolleyes:

Similar amount of cash to spend too. I spent my 2k on brakes and getting my suspension uprated again.....

My other option was to buy an FP green, injectors and a remap on standard internals - Imagine how hard my choice was with all the engine rebuilds and power upgrades going on at the moment :blah:

Just had a good think what I actually used my car for, then the decision was easier !! I'm not into the pub talk, I've got "X" bhp at 3 bar boost :lol:
Ken,

Thing is aswell buddy, you'll be ok just uprating the Rods, pistons will be fine to 500bhp...:smthumbup so it's a relatively cheap upgrade imo, take Northy for instance, tracks/sprints/quaters his car and it's 503bhp and still on standard pistons...:smthumbup

I only went for Pistons cus Moses did me such a good deal to be fair and i though well, why not if the rods were be done..:smthumbup

· TOO many posts.......
17,106 Posts
Hi lads, my thinking is, is that maybe I should settle for the Monoflex Coilovers and get the Norris rod change done, that way I think I can get the best of both worlds. Seems to be the most logical solution.

I don't intend changing my turbo either, so power will never be above 440-450bhp.
:crackup::crackup:

Decisions a Dan...:wallbang::naughty::crackup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.