Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can the car run as normal without the suppressor things? as far as im aware there just to stop inteference. i have misplaced the ones i had during assembly. cheers:wallbang:

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think your reference to the small silver cylinders with one wire attachment yes? The car will run without it but there will be electrical noise on the ignition wiring im not sure if this will affect sensors readings as they get a different feed from ecu normally a clean filtered 5v

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about not getting back with pics but evo87 hit the nail on the head. i dont suppose you know where i can get some replacements
on line?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Im going to check the wires now and give them a good few layers of insulation tape for good measure

175 Posts
Im going to check the wires now and give them a good few layers of insulation tape for good measure
Which wires, engine harness?
Insulation tape does exactly what its name suggests, insulates against heat and a few other things but does not protect against rub through.
Get some PET braided sleeve for this job as there are independant tests out there with over 10,000 rubs and no signs of wear through.
Oh and forget electrical tape, its too cheap to do the job right. Use Tesa tape as this is rated to 150 deg C, thats what we use on all our harnesses

·
Registered
711 Posts
The white with black stripe wires on suppressors thin 18 gauge wire its ignition live wire, the insulation has gone hard and is cracking so will definitely address this i will get some sleeving think this will look clean too

175 Posts
Yes perfect. We're seeing this alot now and in regards to the ignition we're recording voltage drop because of cracked wire sheaths.
Ive built a dedicated ignition power supply harness to combat this as this is the cheapest way to provide a strong uninterupted power supply to the ignition.
We have also recently bought out the UK manfacturer of Evo ecu pins so we can build and supply new trigger wires when there's evidence of a solid 5v not being able to be supplied to trigger the coils.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts