Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BIG game .....and BIG effort needed against the current leaders !!!
Arsenal doing so well this season ,hadn't expected them to be leading the way for this long tbh , but they are good to watch !!
But I digress ,sod them Gunners /useless/evil ......:lol:....3-2 to the pool I pray :handsup:
12.45 kick off !!

·
Formerly known as DazK-IV
2,120 Posts
Quite glad I got in late from getting the new steering wheel put on today. Sounds like a close game so far :lol: This game probably cements fourth place for 'pool and third place for us now. Still think Citeh will win the league but it would have been nice to do the Chelskum.

Hoping this doesn't destroy our confidence now as I think we have a decent chance of beating Utd on Wednesday :( Got to give credit to 'pool for wanting it more than we do (from the very brief highlights I've seen so far ...) :smthumbup

Come on you Gunners!

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Arsenal 4-0 down after twenty minutes or so. Sadly i can see our boys topping that away at Chelsea in an hours time. :(

·
2,120 Posts
:lol: it's a complete demolition. Hope we do em in cup as well🍻╰(*´︶`*)╯
The question for us now is how we react against Utd & 'pool again next weekend. Truly great sides will come out and win their next game even if they don't play that well. Hopefully we can show that strength of character ...

I've only watched the second half (luckily :lol:) but the only one of our players who seems up for it from our point of view is Wilshere.

Next season could be an interesting one for both these sides. Theoretically, Ozil should be better next year ... For 'pool, it's all about keeping Suarez. If they can do that then they have a decent chance with the confidence they should have.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I remember being in a similar situation at home to Portsmouth about ten years ago. Now i have never boo'ed / will never boo the lads, but i walked out in disgust after 25 minutes, went over the road to the black bull and two of my mates were already in there drowning their sorrows. And gooners complain about no trophies! :lol:

·
2,120 Posts
And gooners complain about no trophies! :lol:
I don't ...

Comeback's on now! :lol:

To be fair to Arteta there, pretty composed penalty considering the scoreline & that he's an ex-Everton player :) Small positives and all that ;)

·
Premium Member
A pure IX FQ360 MR.
1,245 Posts
The question for us now is how we react against Utd & 'pool again next weekend. Truly great sides will come out and win their next game even if they don't play that well. Hopefully we can show that strength of character ...

I've only watched the second half (luckily :lol:) but the only one of our players who seems up for it from our point of view is Wilshere.

Next season could be an interesting one for both these sides. Theoretically, Ozil should be better next year ... For 'pool, it's all about keeping Suarez. If they can do that then they have a decent chance with the confidence they should have.
Indeed. I think most of arsenal have given up now. It was over after 20mins. Just need to make sure we don't get silly ala Gerrard just now. If we get champions league Suarez stays. If not he'll be gone. We should get it. I think we could possibly push on for third maybe even second. Plus we'll have Chelsea and man city to play at home within last five games of the season. A bit of luck and performances like this and at everton and you're looking at the new champions:mhihi:

·
2,120 Posts
Indeed. I think most of arsenal have given up now. It was over after 20mins. Just need to make sure we don't get silly ala Gerrard just now. If we get champions league Suarez stays. If not he'll be gone. We should get it. I think we could possibly push on for third maybe even second. Plus we'll have Chelsea and man city to play at home within last five games of the season. A bit of luck and performances like this and at everton and you're looking at the new champions:mhihi:
I hope for your sake you're right about Suarez but I can see Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG & Monaco being in for him and I am not 100% sure you can keep him.

If we lose against Utd and lose our confidence you have a chance of pipping us to third I would guess but I think that you'll struggle to get any further up than that as you'd need us and either Citeh or Chelskum to implode and I don't think that any of us will totally, tbh.

I know it's an IF but I wonder what would have happened today with Flamini in the side? Was really annoyed when he got the red card as it was at the perfectly wrong time considering the run of matches that we have :smthumbdo

·
Premium Member
A pure IX FQ360 MR.
1,245 Posts
I don't think flamini would of affected the overall outcome of the game
True they'll be chasing Suarez, but if his form continues I think we'll be looking at figures of a hundred million pounds being bandied about. If we get champions league then I'm pretty sure he'll stay. He's settled, on fire and will have achieved the one thing he wanted.
The run in is going to be interesting. You've got Chelsea away then man city at home with about 7/8 games to go then we've got em both at home the following couple of weeks. Title will probably be decided in those games and Liverpool and arsenal will potentially have the biggest effect on that.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Liverpool :)

Reactions: will2
1 - 20 of 39 Posts