Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI EVERYONE...........
Does anyone know of a roadside test you can do to see if your cluch is on its way out? I drive a TME and i seem to think the clutch is givin up on me. Also any ideas on a decent clutch to get, as i am clueless and will probaby get stitched up like a KIPPER!!
CHEERS

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Drive up a hill in say fourth gear @3k and put your foot to the floor, if the clutch is on its way out it'll rev and but the car will not accelerate.

Best clutch for a near standard evo is going to be something like an organic uprated one, or if you plan a few launches then a sprung paddle clutch :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all i would like to say thanks for takin the time to help me. The only thing different on my TME is a full HKS system decatted, HKS mushroom filter, and FQ 400 lash adjusters fitted. Which none of these should affect the clutch, But now and again, "but not all the time" like most of us who are lucky enough to drive EVO'S set off FAST......... and i guess you call this LAUNCHING? I just need to know which type of cluch would suit my driving and my pocket as i dont want my ASS SLAPPING. All help much appreacatied :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts