Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After thoughts on which clutch to go for.
Got an Evo 5 with around 81k miles on clock, clutch isn't slipping but the bite is right at the top of the pedal travel, I'm assuming it's the standard clutch so looking to upgrade it.

Car is standard at the moment but looking to go stage 1 in new year so need something that's capable of 350 ish torque, mostly road car but with a trip to Santa pod once a year and maybe a trackday.

I want something traffic friendly, used to have a Helix organic in my old GT4 and it was great but the Helix Iv seen for the Evo only seems to go up to 310 ft/lb unless you go for a paddle which I don't want to do.

Any suggestions or links would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
Just go for an OEM (Exedy) clutch for the 7-9 and then change the flywheel to match for either the standard or a lightweight one. Will be good for up to 400 out of the box :smthumbup

Reactions: paulgtt

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't think the standard clutch would manage but if it does than great, il go for one of those!
Does a lightened flywheel make a massive difference?

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
I didn't think the standard clutch would manage but if it does than great, il go for one of those!
Does a lightened flywheel make a massive difference?
Standard 7-9 clutch will manage up to 400. You will need to change the flywheel to match. It's a win/win basically. When I had mine done the lightweight flywheel actually worked out cheaper than the normal one so that's what got fitted. Can't really tell the difference if I am being really honest. It's just less initial mass to have spinning up, ...

http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/...eight-flywheel-and-why-arent-they-lightweight

Reactions: paulgtt

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Yep, I am at 377bhp, 370lbs \ft.
Had a new evo 7 -9 exeddy clutch and flywheel fitted.
Really nice to drive , and fine for my power.
As said will need matching flywheel as these clutches are larger than early one.
I was told to make sure it's the one that comes in the silver box.
As there are others that are problematic.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I really like my ACT HD Street, almost two years now in the car, no problems at all... I also hear Helix is good too..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts