Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm putting a E8 5spd trans into my 98 E5. I'm wondering if I need to use a 4/5/6 clutch kit because i'll be resurfacing and reusing my E5 flywheel or if I need a 7/8/9 kit because of the transmission? OR does it not even matter?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Hey all,

I'm putting a E8 5spd trans into my 98 E5. I'm wondering if I need to use a 4/5/6 clutch kit because i'll be resurfacing and reusing my E5 flywheel or if I need a 7/8/9 kit because of the transmission? OR does it not even matter?

thanks!
if you are reusing the E5 flywheel then you need an E4/5/6 clutch. But my money I'd go with a later flywheel so I could use a 7/8/9 clutch

Stu

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stu. There's a kit that includes a flywheel I was looking at for a few dollars more. I'll head that direction. I hear the oem later version clutch is stout to 400whp or so.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Thanks Stu. There's a kit that includes a flywheel I was looking at for a few dollars more. I'll head that direction. I hear the oem later version clutch is stout to 400whp or so.
post on here what kits you are looking at, there are some clutches and sellers best avoided, people will advise

Later clutches are slightly bigger, commonly fitted with matching flywheel to earlier evo's running stage 1 power

Stu

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just going mitsu direct for the clutch kit, and source a flywheel separately. Seemed to be the safest bet. Unless you have some recommendations?

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
I was just going mitsu direct for the clutch kit, and source a flywheel separately. Seemed to be the safest bet. Unless you have some recommendations?
speak to some of the registered traders on here, they will supply standard at a good price

Are you after supply and fit, or supply only? If its supply and fit, post your location and people will advise someone in your area

Stu

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just supply. I've torn it apart and put it back together plenty. :lol: I'll check some of the vendors here.

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts