Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have just changed my clutch pack fluid and it has come out a nice colour red as though it was done recently. Mitsi changed it 4500 miles ago. I was under the impression that it would be very dirty hence why I changed it. Due to it being clean made me think, does it have to be done every 4500 miles? The fill plug was nitemare to get back in, does anyone recommend a tool that can be used to make the job easier? Not sure what Mitsi use! Cheers all :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I bought a "double offset ring spanner" or something like that. basically the head is offset from the body of the spanner by twice as much as usual and it makes it much easier to get to the filler plug.

I thought the AYC only had to be changed on the 9K services or 4.5K under heavy use?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under the impression that the pump side is every 9K, but the clutch bath is every 4.5K as it gets dirtier. As I said mine came out clean :confused: I was looking at getting one of the ratchet spanners (17mm) I think that that will do the job. Took me over 2hrs to get the damn plug in :eek:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
For what it costs, I get mine changed every 4500 miles. Its far cheaper than a new clutch pack if any contaminents score the surfaces. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts