Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some advice if possible.
I had been driving for about 30mins, gentle drive, not gunning it, pulled up and heard a funny metal sort of bang noise from front left wheel. Stopped, pulled out of junction and had an awful grinding sound. Pulled over, looked in the dark and wet, nothing to be seen.
Drove off slow, noise had gone, all seemed to be OK. Have just arrived home, but am a bit worried, still only had car 2 weeks and under warrenty.
Any thoughts as to what could have happened, I will look tommorow in the day light.
Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
116 Posts
I`ve had that too, not so much the grinding noise but a definate occasional clunk when on rough surfaces, kerbs, potholes etc.

Its just once in a while and the car feels and drives spot on?

Had a few looks, all seems ok?

Beyond me?

·
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the reply, been for another drive, and as you say, cannot find a fault. Strange, I will still look tommorow (If not raining) just to make sure.
Thanks again

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok mate, I truly doubt you will find anything?

I looked, my garage (totally decent and genuine and i trust completely) had a look at its last service and couldn`t see anything wrong?

So i just live with the once in a while clunk and think nothing of it.

Best of luck though and let me know?

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
melok said:
I`ve had that too, not so much the grinding noise but a definate occasional clunk when on rough surfaces, kerbs, potholes etc.

Its just once in a while and the car feels and drives spot on?

Had a few looks, all seems ok?

Beyond me?
I have the same occasonal clunk from my front left strut if driving overpot holes etc. Does my head in, dont know what the problem is. :(

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
Check the droplinks for wear then mate, it seems the Evo's sometimes develop knocking from the standard top mounts but as your are solid then I would investigate the droplinks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i get the same noise from my left strut too...only happens from time to time when turning in both directions...i took a mechanic for a spin in my car for him to hear the clunking...he put it on a lift and found the left strut was leaking oil or something...
he told me to renew both front struts..should i get new top mounts for it too if im getting two struts???

·
Registered
122 Posts
yep i get it too, was told to check top mounts. not the most technically gifted in this area so excuse my ignorance but how do you go about checking them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts