Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody able to point me in the direction of a pinout for the clocks/cluster in my MR

theres 2 block connectors and when changing a bulb yesterday i can see a wire snipped that 100% doesnt look like it should be :cry: previous owner trying to hide something that i want to fix :coolsm:

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if it halps rule anything out if your sitting in the drivers seat its the nearest wire to the radio that comes out of the clocks. above your left hand if holding the steering wheel

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that, i can now see im looking for a pinout for c-01 and c-02 cant find the wiring yet tho

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its either 1/21/31/51 depending on what way they sit in the cluster v's the diagram

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry for delay its a blue wire there appears to be 2 blue wires next to each other but this is the end (last) blue wire on the block

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Seeing as I'm a geek I had look through the drawings for 260 (the 8MR ones are a supplement and don't show everything).

1 and 2 are both B Black- Ground for dash clocks.
21 is BR Brown- Rear Foglight indication.

31 is L-W Blue with a white stripe- this is for the oil level switch which AFAIK was only fitted to the E8 260 GSR.
32 is BR Brown- handbrake light and from ABS and AYC/ ACD system.

50 is Y Blue- Coolant temp sensor
51 is G Green- to do with fuel tank level

So out of that lot I would double check the wire hasn't got a white stripe. If it has, then it doesn't do anything in your car, if you are sure your car is in an MR?

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
at this stage i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt :/

where did you get the wiring colours?

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
As Grants posted http://www.lancerregister.com/art_wsm.php

Then download the Evo 8 260 manuals as these appear to be a FULL set whereas the others (8, 8MR & 9 are supplements).

Then it's a case of hunting for C-01 and C-02 (identified as C-106 and C-108 in the 8MR & 9 diagrams) after verifying which letter(s) represent which colour(s). In this case Blue (L) is what you said you were looking for....

FWIW 8MR Chassis number should be CT9A 030 XXXX.
8 260, FQ-300 & FQ-330 should be CT9A 020 XXXX.

Attachments

·
S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,129 Posts
As Grants posted http://www.lancerregister.com/art_wsm.php

Then download the Evo 8 260 manuals as these appear to be a FULL set whereas the others (8, 8MR & 9 are supplements).
That's the same across the manuals.

The 4 5 and 6 use the 4 manual primarily and list the differences in the 5 and 6 manuals.

The 7 8 and 9 use the 7 manual primarily and list the differences in the 8 and 9 manuals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts