Lancer Register Forum banner

Climate control/air con

2K views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  chunky 
G
#1 ·
Write then here goes!!http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

This is my 1st Q since getting my Evo so you will have to go gently with me. I have just recieved the owners handbook from Co-ordsport and amp; it doesnt really describe the Climate control system of the Evo 6 that we have in, it shows some other diagrams and lay outs. What i would like to know is:
1. Is Air con on all the time, if so how do u turn it off?
2. If i have the Eco in the display does that mean its actually on?
3. Whats the differance between auto and none auto when the large button is pressed?

Any advice regarding the c/c or a/c would be greatly recieved. I suppose i will get used to it but would have liked a better description from the manual.
Cheers guys!!!!!;) Oh i have searched the archives but would still like those Q's answering please

G
#2 ·
1) no its only on when the snoflake icon is present
2) eco means economy, this means the heat/cooler pump does not run continously but only when thecar is under load so in theory its more economical
3) AUTO monitors the set temp. and adjusts the fan speed to suit.

simple

the aircon should be run for a period of time monthly to prevent damage to seals etc.

G
#3 ·
1. Air con is only on when you see the * icon. There is button above out temp that turns it on and off.
2. Eco uses less fuel than normal and yes air con is on but not quite as effective as without Eco. Use Eco in traffic or watch the fuel gauge go down.
3. Auto Air con will try and maintain that temp in the car and should swich itself off when temp is reached.

Hope this helps. BTW it's fantastic in the Summer.

G
#5 ·
Just a note to say that even if the A/C is off i.e. no snowflake or ECO, the temperature is still controlled thermostatically and the unit will attempt to reach whatever temp is selected without the A/C pump being run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.