Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short......the alarm immobilised the car.

I couldn't get it to reset or start.
Call a local alarm / ice guy, he came out and with a few snips with side cutters had the car running, no alarm OR immobiliser.
The guy said it takes even less time if you're not worried about damaging the car.

Wow!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Long story short......the alarm immobilised the car.

I couldn't get it to reset or start.
Call a local alarm / ice guy, he came out and with a few snips with side cutters had the car running, no alarm OR immobiliser.
The guy said it takes even less time if you're not worried about damaging the car.

Wow!
My old evo 6 did the exact same thing, came out to it couldnt get the alarm to do anything so the immobiliser was stuck on, had a mate look at it rejoined some ignition wires job done it ran lol. It was the main alarm box/brain at fault with mine so fitted a brand new 650 mk2 again.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
To be fair if you think about what an alarm is doing, it's only breaking 2 circuits and making a racket when set off.
Not that I'm any kind of expert, but most alarm installs I've seen have had the cuts in the 2 wires about 1" apart- so it's far from rocket science to figure out which 4 wires make 2 pairs. Really there should be a much longer/ larger gap or ideally the coloured wire at one end is removed so it's black at source. That way anyone tracing has a lot more tape etc to uncover before being able to identify what's what as all they'll see is black wiring.
A manual switch to the fuel pump or from the Crank or Cam sensor hidden away is a great idea if you want to have extra confidence in the car being immobilised, likewise unplugging one of these has the same effect if the car is parked up for an extended period and removes the hassle of breaking into those circuits.
The Link ECU also has a switched immobiliser input, or you can program a limiter to set the max rpm to 0- so it'll never start and run when said input is active.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
My Evo VI did this friday during Mapping!

Tested it, the cifford was isolating ignition

Bypassed it and got it home, starter circuit was still working

Tested it next day to make a tidy job until i get round to replacing it

found the same circuit that was dead friday was now live. Now that circuit doesnt go dead with immobiliser. stuck on instead of stuck off if you get me??

This common on the clifford 650's??

Its wired back up as normal now but expectinganother let down anytime

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I didn't know Clifford did trackers too

This was a Clifford 650 sticking the immobiliser on

After a little research it seems quite common with old units. swap out and programme!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts