Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started up the car yesterday morning to discover a rapid clicking sound coming from the glovebox area. The problem appears to be linked to the ventilation system as if you put the system to re-circulate it stops.

Cars booked in this Wednesday for Mitsubishi to look at it under Warranty but I was just interesded if anyone else had had this before.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not had this on my Evo, but did have this exact problem on my wife's Fiat 20V turbo (might be worth checking out as it was really easy to fix)

There was some leaves and other debris on the pollen filter which vibrated and caused what can only be descibled as a chick-chick type of noise.

Best of luck....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine started doing this about 6 months ago and I've just lived with it. It stops if you change the climate control from fresh to recirculating air. This would seem to imply there'e something jammed under the flap which controls this which is behind the glovebox. I assume it's a small servo or something
trying to continuously close the flap and click over some plastic rachet or clip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the clicking noise alter with the fan speed if so it could be something catching on the blower fan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10/10 Mark. Sorry no prize.

Went to the Mitsi dealers (Fish Brothers Swindon), and thay checked it out. There is a small motor which controls the vent from external to recirculate and its failing to recognise when it gets to the open position and bouncing off the end. If you remove the glove box you can see it happen. The dealer recon its a proximity/ limit switch and have ordered one. Meanwhile they left the system in fresh air mode.

Thanks for the response.

Brian

I'll try to find out the cost of the part when it arrives and amp; let you know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that vote of confidence!

That would be most useful to know the price of the switch. I have a 10 years old Galant 2.0 Gti
which the other half wrote off for me, which I decided to keep for spares, as quite a few of them would appear to fit my evo1, so there might be one on that - but it would still be useful to know anyway.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts