Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas or advice on which pressure washer is the most powerful and safest to use on the paint work of me newly sprayed car?? Also one that is suitable for a snow foam application?:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
So what about the K5 car??? Any good?
Stay clear of karchers unless they are industrial units, they have plastic pumps which give up easily. I went through two in 10 months, I got my money back and bought a nilfisk with aluminium pump and it's been spot on for over 3 years:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Nicky i have a karcher cant fault it, my last one lasted 2,1/2 years and was used most days and granted the plastic pump packed it so from my point of view £160 for a couple of years use wasnt too bad imo
Guess you got lucky then Craig, I had problems with mine and I bought it thinking it was a top notch washer as I used karcher industrial washers and found them superb. But the Nilfisk is far better imo with the aluminium pump, but hey if the op wants a karcher so be it i'm just advising on my personal experience and it's also the weapon of choice of many on DW:smthumbup:)

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess you got lucky then Craig, I had problems with mine and I bought it thinking it was a top notch washer as I used karcher industrial washers and found them superb. But the Nilfisk is far better imo with the aluminium pump, but hey if the op wants a karcher so be it i'm just advising on my personal experience and it's also the weapon of choice of many on DW:smthumbup:)
I'm not sure brand I want m8 but I don't think that important, I just wana make sure it up for the job & that it's gonna last plus powerful!

·
All things Evo
5,496 Posts
Had my Karcher for 3 years now, I have had it serviced every year @£50ish but its been fine and still going strong

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I have 3 Karchers and one is the new K5 all in for repair I also have a 30 year old KEW which is still going strong all stainless internals very heavy but nothing fits it. I wont be buying anymore Karcher as just crap.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Ive been using my K5 once a week since 2004 with no probs until 3 months ago, it started spluttering and the power now cuts in and out,

I've bought a K4 now as they had them on special in makro, not quite as powerful as the K5 but still goin strong after 3 months

I can't complain about the Karchers as I got almost 10 years out of it but if this 1 does brake I will look at the nilfisk ones with aluminium pump, thanks

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess it's between the K5 & Nilfisk, but seem the Nilfisk seem better due to the K5 plastic pump & break downs.
Whats the power of the Nilfisk (psi) compare to the K5 tho???

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got a nilfisk one after my Karcher packed up... Must say for £60 from Screwfix, it's very good. Came with all the necessary attachments ( snow foam bottle).. Well worth he money...

·
Senior Citizen
3,957 Posts
I got a nilfisk one after my Karcher packed up... Must say for £60 from Screwfix, it's very good. Came with all the necessary attachments ( snow foam bottle).. Well worth he money...
Just ordered one from Screwfix :smthumbup:smthumbup

1 - 20 of 83 Posts