Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure why, I think they make them that way.

What I do to rectify it? Well, I have changed the suspensions, running Dynamic at the moment, but I will get modified Öhlins soon. I am looking into light wheels (18 inch) as well, around 8kg each. With Yokohama A032 tires (better for the road than A038s if it suddenly starts raining!). Brakes are different discs and Pagid RS14 pads. These mods make the car quicker and feel better on the road, but unfortunately the engine is not impressive. I have a HKS Hyper Muffler with ext. kit and a Blitz air filter. I ordered a programmable ECU and a boost controller, will have it installed / set up and turn up the boost. Possibly with uprated internals.

If there's anything I'm missing out on, tell me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was talkin to Daz and his fair lady at Santa pod and they were saying you are ****** crazy..

anything quicker and youl kill yourself

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Claudius,
I hope you'll drive slow when I'm following you cause there is no way I'll be keeping up with you....

Rob :D it appears he's on a quest

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claudius,

So how slow is your EVO compared to your old VR6 Golf ? You have one of the quickest sports saloon cars ever made - What sort of speed are you looking for ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do think that Claudius has a valid point.

I've only had my TME for three weeks and 1600 miles so far and already I'm wishing I had a bit more grunt. I used to own a Lotus Esprit which was pretty quick so the speed of the Evo hasn't come as a big a shock as it might of done to people upgrading from significantly slower cars.

Now for me personally, due to a lack of funds and also a desire to keep my warrenty intact, I shan't be going for any major upgrades (probably just an exhaust and air filter in due course) BUT I don't think I will be truly happy with ANY car's performance until I own one that can do 0-100 in say no more then say 9 seconds. I think that would be truly quick and I would finally be happy.

Don't get me wrong, overall I'm delighted with my car and look forward to spending the next 2-3 years with it but if Claudius wants more speed then I certainly wouldn't argue with him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cookie,

You wait until you change the exhaust. It makes SO much difference it's unbelievable.

I got 326BHP from just an exhaust change on my TME (standard air filter).

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dedeffa

I wont have a choice, I will drive slowly because I cant go fast with the car, it doesnt go fast. But we can listen to the radio if you like.

Daz

I dont know what kind of speed I'm looking for. In terms of top speed, I am entirely satisfied, maybe I wouldnt mind if it only reached 220 kmh instead of 250, I rarely reach these speeds (I dont like the highway). In terms of acceleration, I used to have a CBR 900 RR back in 1994, found it fast but not unbelievable. That's 3,2s to 60. A friend had a GSXR1000 which I found pretty good in acceleration (2,8s to 60). But that type of acceleration makes you think Wow, that's good every time you accelerate. Less and you will get used to it. Obviously, I understand that it is very hard to get this type of performance out of a 1,3 ton car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts