Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..I know it's a mitsubishi forum but loads of you have had imprezas then upgraded to Evo's :D

My old man has just bought a cheap classic impreza (1997) for track fun...it's come with a loud blitz nur spec r system on it...

He is after a quiet track friendly exhaust... Can someone recommend me one.... From downpipe back.

Looked at hks silent... But £700!!

Any suggestions welcome. :thumbup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
TSL group N rear box with a hayward and scott centre is one of my favourite exhaust set ups on the imprezas.
Hayward and scott the classic style rear silencer also isn't to offensive.
Or maybe try to source a prodrive silencer from the later models and use that minus one of the hangers.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Had a Hayward n Scott on my Type R, it was pretty quiet for an aftermarket exhaust. Definitely not too loud. Also had the STI Genome and a Magnex system. All cat back. Neither of these were too noisy. Think the Magnex was my fav sound wise, hence why I now have one on my Evo 6.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
My old classic had a 3" downpipe/decat with a prodrive cat back and it was very quiet.
My bro in law has got a full classic exhaust for sale, wants £100 for it, not sure exactly what it is but can get details if your interested?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Another vote for the Prodrive backbox, I have a Prodrive system on the Wagon and it sounds spot on.

2.5" system from the turbo back with decat midpipe and an aftermarket middle section with the resonator still fitted.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Can't you just bung the Nur spec? On my newage Blitz there's a hole for a 4 inch bung which can be purchased seperately.

That way you can remove it when feeling like a hooligan.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
I had a Mongoose on mine, nice and quiet and good fit, it was really cheap too, I think about £350, that was a while ago though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a standard STI system that cam e of my 97 type r. Downpipe (has cat) center and rear box. Possibly too restrictive, but if you want its there. £50 to another Subaru loving MLR member lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts