Lancer Register Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Shorty,
I was down at Ralliart last week getting some suspension work done (don't ask but it wasn't me, it was Miss_RSX http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >) and was looking at the black V that you're on about.
It looks absolutely gorgeous, sat on 18 Oz F1 wheels it looks like a 6 with the more aggresive front end of the 5.
According to the guy I was speaking to he said that the owner had spent about 10k on it in mods and it was pushing out about 340 brake. Didn't get chance to have a drive in it but it's definitely well worth a look at.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Andy,

It looks very clean from the website photo on the Ralliart site.about the affordability for me at the moment.
Ummm ! I will have to talk to myself and arrange a day off for a visit.Thanks for the posting.
Ya never know I might even get hooked on the silver skyliner ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I would prefer a decent handling FWD car to an iffy RWD car any day of the week but a good RWD car is the only way to fly. There aren't that many good handling, practical, fun and cheap (circa £10k second hand) RWD cars out there where as there are a lot more FWD cars that will fall into that category such as the Integra, Pug 306 GTi-6/Rallye, Clio Williams/Sport 172, Seat Leon 20VT etc.

By the way has anyone tried the M coupe? (not the M3 but Z3 M coupe)
Opinions please preferably from people who have tried one. I think the steering feel and brakes are crap but it is supposed to be bags of fun (with the traction control off). ;)
Caterham/Westfield is getting more appealing by the day again ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think the whole point about the integra is that it doesn't feel like a FWD car - no torque steer or anything. Apparently the RS Focus is similar.

I personally prefer rear wheel drive to everything for laughs. 4WD is awesome - but easier to drive quickly. FWD for me has always been a constant power struggle (torque steer)!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Guys I Have bought the new Civic Type R. It's true what you say about its MPV style etc, but all that aside it is a great car for £16k. The performance is supposed to be outstanding, and as already said it beats the WRX to 100mph (that's some going for a £16k car). After the problems I had with my EVO I wanted something a bit different and a lot cheaper to run. Not even seen the car in the flesh yet but should pick it up mid November.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Personally i feel the nat aspired engines are getting pretty keen at having a crack at turbo's ,especially low
cc capacity engines.Turbos seem to add 2-3 seconds on standing times.
I have always liked revviing the ****** out of any car/ van.diesels hate it and general 14-1600cc end up rattling like hell after 3000 miles,[driven plenty of hire cars hard. ]:D
With the honda they just seem to rev for ever .I may just take a drive in it although can't say i want one .

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.