Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a test drive for a colleague in the above motor. Made a misstake of going in my car first.

The Civic felt very ordinary, not very quick, stodgy handling but quite roomy. Told my business partner it was the dogs. Ordered it £16k on the road, more to spend on my car. It`s all me, me, me at the mo.

Are our cars spoiling us for future motors?.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
are our cars spoiling us for future cars? hmm lets hope not, with any luck future cars will be even better. What they are doing for us is spoiling things for current cars, unless you suddenly get very rich!

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im spoiled a long time ago mate :)

Unless I win the lottery there is no other car to buy that will beat the Evo. Remember the What car will I buy next thread?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless I win the lottery there is no other car to buy that will beat the Evo.
This should surely read as:
Unless I win the lottery there is no other car to buy that will beat the Evo as an all round package.
There are other cars that will beat the Evo for similar money but don't offer the practicality. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caterham/Westfield obviously!
Why do think a load of people are selling their Evo's and going down the bike powered Lotus 7 clone route?

They are not as practical as the Evo but are better performance and handling wise for the same money (or less).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bit of an unfair comparison between the Civic Type R and a Lancer, come on thats a bit like comparing the new Mini to the M3, end of the day the actual running, servicing and maintenance costs over two years between a Lancer and a Civic Type R doing 20k a year would probably get you another Type R, at least if you are going to do a comparison choose something in the same league.

Anyway lets not get into an arguement on my second post on this forum :) If you mate fancies saving a few bob you could try oneswoop.com you'll get a Civic Type for 13.5k just got to wait three months, not bad value I thought, my mate has just picked one up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, guys, guys,

Don't EVER get Heave Ho into a debate like this; it'll run for ever! :)

PS I'm in a good mood 'cos it's xmas, and I got three crates of beer to drink in 7 days!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've seen a couple of accidents in Caterham-style cars and NEVER will I own one as a consequence. As dangerous as my bikes ever were except in a Caterham you don't even get the chance of being thron clear of the impending crunch.

Anyone know what the comparison of an EVO versus an R33 skyline is? Skyline is THE only other car I would consider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think as standard the skylines not that quick. However, its got the potential to be tuned to silly proportions and leave EVERYTHING in its wake.

The R34 is the only other car I would consider too :) shame my bank manager doesnt feel that way too :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pondy,
LOL :D
Sorry just being realistic, there is always something better out there but it all depends what you want from a car.
When someone makes an ideal, all round car, for sensible money then I will buy one until then I will have to put up with this heap of crap they call an Evo ;) Apparently those Scooby things aren't bad?...hmmmm...LOL :D
...only 3 crates? ;)

Dubbs,
I quite agree, I don't think the safety features of a Caterham are is main selling points ;) I never would have one as an only car.
R33 hmmm...it was a toss up between an R33 and an Evo for me. I went for an Evo and glad I did (well sort of but it's a long story :(). I am starting to dislike the electronic intervention the AYC offers but it can be over come with your right foot :D I do however wish it was switchable (I am going to try to get around to sorting that though ;)). I think the R33 is even more worse off electronic intervention wise. The only answer is to test drive them both, preferably back to back, then you will know.

Sandy,
Welcome and wise words indeed ;)
What is frightening is you can get an Civic Type-R for £13.5 new or nearly new (if you shop around) or a 4 year old Evo IV. Now which one is better?

(Thats right.....the Caterham :D)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HH6,
That's why I'm looking for an RSX. Titty turbo, no ABS, no AYC and lighter body. Have to put up with aircon rather than full climate control but hey.. when it's cold you want heat and when it's hot you want cold so it's not really that much of a problem in my eye's. Hopefully the RSX will prove to be more fun in terms of getting the car out on some nice oversteer/4 wheel drifting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dubbs,
My RSX has got climate control...........
It's my better half in the passenger seat switching the air con on and off when its warm and adjusting the heater when its cold.

I'm now off to prepare for my funeral when she reads this.

Only joking really darling

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Civic Type-R is the dogs, for £16k there aint anything gonna look at it under £20k. In actual fact it will embarrash a lot of scooby owners out there, they won't know what has hit them till they see the car go past them :)

Evo is in a different league so lets not even go there, nuff said

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
octavia rs? £15.5k fully loaded (there are no options). Max torque from 1800-5500rpm against nasty rev the nuts of it type r.

proper rally heritage too :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Geez you guys are slow - this ones easy. Just get a properly sorted Impreza. Quicker and more practical than an Evo as better fuel range, better riding and sorted for UK roads, less fierce depreciation, cheaper to insure and no washing machine mechanicals!:) We also got a better BBS!;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wilf,

Nice try!;)

Washing machine mechanicals , indeed!

Last time I saw a boxer engine, it was sticking out of an old man's German motorcycle!

As someone (reputable prof car tuner) said the other day I don't work on scooby's, the internals are as tough as glass

Wehey:):)

A

1 - 20 of 26 Posts