Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done this ?

What should I expect apart from a huge fuel bill?

how many miles are you lads getting to £30??

Get about 180-190 out of civic

·
Registered
580 Posts
I came from a CTR in 08/03.
Fuel bills on my 8 are about 200 miles on
£40 of Optimax.You will have a slighlty smaller tank (50 litres I think,The 8 has 55).Servicng is about £200 every 4500 miles. About £350 for 18k service.
Tyres should be around £100 a corner for
reasonable rubber.Insurance depends on your age / track record.I pay about £1000 with 6 years no claims and 3 points.(Direct line).You may have to fit extra security.Tracker or something similar.
Hope this doesn't put you off.....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheerz lads

no wont put me off bank manager might be tho!

how much differnce did you notice from the type r

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
you wont regret it at all.I went from an evo to a new type R and only stuck it 2900 miles before i flogged it and bought another evo.
The wife has a CTR and its great fun for but only as HER car.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really love the civic but wheel spin city and ive got used to it so my need for speed is kicking in again

·
Registered
580 Posts
I loved the CTR gearbox and thats about the only thing I would have taken with me.
It is a great little car but it wasn't quite enough.
The 100HP jump will impress as will the handling but take it easy it is quite a big step in power.
Took me about 3-4 months untill I was using the car to my max(not the car's).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also came from a CTR, but I have also bought a diesel for work and keep the Evo 7 for fun.

The Acceleration on these Evo's is superb and suprisingly addicative.

You guys are right the gearbox on the Civic was superb and the Evo's is not as good.

However, it didn't help that I had a fault on my Evo's.

I love my 7 and if I ever get any spare money it will be invested in tuning.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
77 Posts
had an accord type S. 2.4

drove it every day (16000 miles a year!) and it cost me a fortune to run, as im sure your type r civic does. any way sold it now, got a little blue car that costs me half as much to keep going. saving up the pennys for a IV or V latter on in the year. cant wait.

·
Registered
279 Posts
ctr

Hiya mate,

I came from a teg type r to the evo 6. Still smiling :D and i've had her nearly 12 months.

Only thing i miss about the honda is that fantastic noise when it hit 5 grand and the cam lobe changed :coolsm:

Other than that, no looking back, unless you drive past a shell garage, you will find yourself looking in the rear view thinking............... should i have topped up? :rolleyes:

So go on, make that swap ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Get it as a company car I did! I don't think they know what they have let themselves in for! I've done 6500 miles in 3 months get between 22 and 26 mpg . Phone around for servicing! I paid £210 for my 1st service in Cambridge, where I bought my new 260 in December for £20k, may be they want to get there profit back from that, but Duston would have done it for £118!

·
Registered
396 Posts
its not just the fuel that u need 2 think about, icame from a CTR on 1 3 05 2 a 260. when u talk 2 people on here its everything ie- insurance, tyres, careful with the clutch, servicing. i do not regret it but if i had found this web site before i got the car it would of put me off getting even a 260 because they are no cheaper to own than any other except for the buying price.

·
Registered
39 Posts
also from CTR background. Love the 6 speed gear box & high revving engine. Part exchanged a E5, total different thing.

CTR can do 220-250miles full tank
E5 150-180 miles (depends how i drive it though)
:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
i went 2 oxford & back driving like a granny & averaged 45mpg in the CTR, best so far in the 260 is 20mpg & i am just running it in

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Bit if ya got the same grip with a type-r ,ya wouldnt be far behind a standard evo anyway .The type -r is good but to get any more ponys costs big bucks, not bad on evo ,just dont launch it hard ;)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
keets said:
anyone done this ?

What should I expect apart from a huge fuel bill?

how many miles are you lads getting to £30??

Get about 180-190 out of civic
If you can afford the change and to run the VII then go for it. The VII is way better all round than any FWD car and most 4WD cars.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have had a couple of sporty cars in the past but nothing can compare with the thrill i get from the evo :D :D :D :D :D :D

Go on buy one u no u want 2 :mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The evo is in a different ball park in terms of performance to the CTR but much easier to drive fast. If you go into the evo experience with your eyes open and make sure that you can afford and are prepared for the running costs then you wont be disappointed. I would allow at least triple the amount of cash for running and maintaining the evo in comparison to the CTR.

You will miss the CTR's gearbox though :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts