Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
It would maybe work in cases where there's some life still left in the battery but 9 times out of 10 it wouldnt work, more chance of the cable frying or blowing fuses :lol:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Better off having a long piece of spare speaker wire in your car (good stuff not bellwire)....you'll only use it once as it'll fry (depending on thickness) but its lighter than jump-leads ;)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Was just showing a Chaps the ones i bought from halfrauds
last weekend for laughs.

Did'nt work. Took hours to get any charge that slightly altered the colour of the LED but made no effort to start the car.
Ended up buying a set of jump leads :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why would you not just purchase/use jump leads:confused:
Open bonnet - fanny about with jump leads - close bonnet

OR just plug in *** lighter ...... was looking for the easier option if it was viable ... BUT clearly it is not...... only asking :handsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
imo
1) it ain't gonna deliver f.a. current, so it's gonna be charging dead battery, not 'jump starting' dead car, which is gonna take a long time.
2) if not properly current limited, the wires are gonna fry or fuse blow in the good car.
3) i don't like using a decent car anyway for jump starting. had to replace an alternator due to jump starting other people's cars.
4)get some DECENT jump leads (with heavy duty, shrouded clips) for your boot. (i keep quite about having any - for my use only if i get a dead battery)

+ do yo want a £6.99 bit of kit on ur car?:lol:

looks like they know it's rubbish:
"NB: If the stranded car's battery is completely flat, jump leads may still be a better option - it may take up to half an hour to tranfer enough power using this device - but if there is still some life in the battery but it needs a "helping hand", this should be fine!"

i doubt the 1/2hr bit!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts