Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for someone who can do chroming (electroplaters) in the Lincs, Humbs, Leics, Notts areas

Anyone know of anybody?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Evo,

Dunno about chromers, but I do have a question for ya... my brother is thinking about trying a Paj Evo, was wondering what you thought about the car (performance, economy, fun factor, servicing etc.). Bear in mind the biggest thing he's driven is his aging 3.2 Jag, the quickest is my 6 GSR *evil grin*.

Email me off board if ya want, my email addy's in the profile :)

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out the Co-ordsport site as they have some new chrome under bonnet items for sale. Not my cup of tea but for those who like that sort of stuff then worth a look........until you see the prices that is! http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Anyway look here for some piccies:
[URL]http://www.coordsport.co.uk/update/parts_lists_pdf/Pictures_of_Ralliart_Branded_Polished_Alloy and amp;Stainless_Steel_Parts.pdf[/URL]
and here for the prices:
[URL]http://www.coordsport.co.uk/update/parts_lists_pdf/Price_List_for_Ralliart_Branded_Polished_Alloy_ and amp;_Stainless_Steel_Part[/URL]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HH6

If you can find any after market products for the Paj Evo without having to get them specially made or modified, you need a medal M8, I (for some unknown reason) alsways try those people in Dudley and so far have always been told - No, we can't or don't do anything (or is it won't.) There isn't a big enough market for them in Paj Evos so they don't seem to bother.

Winge over :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah sorry Paj Evo, not a Lancer Evo silly me.........hang on isn't this the MLR not the MPR? (Joke! :D)
Good luck with the hunt as some chrome platers are crap! Have you tried looking in the Classic Car magazines or contacting a local CC club (MG car club etc.?). I am sure they would know of a good plater in your area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HH6

Found someone fairly close to us that does chroming, but turn around time is approx 2 weeks, don't think we could manage without the use of the car for that long!

PS - If there was an 'MPR' it would have a record for the lowest car club membership :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big E,

Wot parts r u having chromed ?

Two weeks isn't bad by chroming industry standards.

Some advice for u , ask for triple plating , that is copper first , then nickel finally chrome. This seals the base metal against moisture. This is based on loads of classic bike rebuilds I have done , the first plating jobs I had done lasted about a year which I couldn't understand as some of the original plating on my unrestored bikes was upto 40 years old and still good. After some research I discovered that trple plating was the original process but most platers use double or even single plating unless requested otherwise.

Let me know if I can help u , but if u select a plater who has done classic vehicle work and knows his job u shud b ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts