Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2-3 months I will be able to have a new company car. Budget is around 14.500 euro VAT-IN with all discounts.

I was thinking on following cars:

Mitsubishi Colt 5-doors 1.5 HP (95hp/210Nm)

Renault Clio DcI100 (100hp/210Nm) 5-doors

which one would you take and why?

I've driven a petrol 1.5 Colt already and it's not that bad although I've heart that the 1.5 diesel has a loud engine noise.

Pro's for the Colt:
- you can do left-braking as this is a must for me (without engine power dropping down for 2-3 seconds like VW-products and Citroen/peugeot)
- it's has a quite big interior (I'm 6"5) so I need to find a comfortable position.

Haven't driven the Clio so can't say..
Although I do know they are very reliable (drove a Kangoo 1.9d for over 4 years now and it never broke with my high-demanding driving style)

- don't know if you can do left-foot braking in the Clio
- is there a possibility to switch of ABS/EBD , is it possible in the Colt?

Thanks for any feedback!

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
I am getting a Colt 1.5 sport tomorrow when the tommi is in for a service. Will drive it for about 60 miles so will let you know what I think.

Steve

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Well, just driven back from Yeovil in the Colt 1.5 Sport, couple of things I noticed.

The front vision is poor, the door pillers are very large, ok they have cut away some stupid little triangular window to help, but it does not do nuch.

If you sit like most men do with your legs apart, the cup holder,transmission tunnel is annoying to say the least.

The interior is very plastic, the gater to the gear stick is horrible, lots of little grooves to get filled up with crud.

A little gutless but do drive 350bhp evo!

Hope this helps a bit, when I take it back tonight I will see how it handles.

Steve

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx!

could check the following:

- how are the seats (support for body?)
- how does it feel when applying the handbrake ;)
- response of the elektrical steering wheel
- how about understeer (slow corners when pushing it)
- quick situation handling (like S-bends)
- how are the brakes with continious hard braking? How late does ABS/EBD comes in, is it disturbing?

would be nice if you could answer some questions ;)

cheers,
kevin

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
lancerevoclub said:
thx!

could check the following:

- how are the seats (support for body?)
- how does it feel when applying the handbrake ;)
- response of the elektrical steering wheel
- how about understeer (slow corners when pushing it)
- quick situation handling (like S-bends)
- how are the brakes with continious hard braking? How late does ABS/EBD comes in, is it disturbing?

would be nice if you could answer some questions ;)

cheers,
kevin
Kevin
The seats are not too bad but found the headrest poked forward too much, don't think it had adjustment.
Did not use the handbrake except for parking at the dealers.
The radio buttons I assume you mean, apart from you can't see what your pressing, would get use to it, not too bad.
Did not get much chance to try it for handling, too many bl**dy tractors about

I would think that its not a bad purchase, look like its about £8000 on the road, may not be the 1.5 sport.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts