Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a few stone chips and and some scratch's on my mirrors, are chips away or any of these mobile guys any good?

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
As far as I'm aware Chips Away is a franchised operation, so I'd imagine the quality of the workmanship will vary from location to location. I've no direct experience of them myself though.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
As you're in Bedfordshire, it's possible the chaps I used cover the same area. If so, they were very good indeed and I would use them again.
The guy in question was very tall and skinny with ginger hair and beard. His name escapes me unfortunately.

I had a parking dent removed but, 2 other guys working in the same building had paintwork done the following week. It looked faultless to me and one of the cars was a tricky metallic gold colour...

As has been said though, the quality can and will vary between franchises. If you can see any of their own previous work, moreso the better.

Paul

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As you're in Bedfordshire, it's possible the chaps I used cover the same area. If so, they were very good indeed and I would use them again.
The guy in question was very tall and skinny with ginger hair and beard. His name escapes me unfortunately.

I had a parking dent removed but, 2 other guys working in the same building had paintwork done the following week. It looked faultless to me and one of the cars was a tricky metallic gold colour...

As has been said though, the quality can and will vary between franchises. If you can see any of their own previous work, moreso the better.

Paul
Got contact number mate?

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
these guys are hit and miss to be honest. i've seen alot of them and some are good some are not. it can also depend on what day they turn up as spraying can be greatly affected by the weather which you or i cannot predict.

best advice is only use someone who is recommended. best people to ask are people who work in car showrooms in and around your area as they will use them on small chips etc. you will soon find out who is the best.

hope this helps

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
these guys are hit and miss to be honest. i've seen alot of them and some are good some are not. it can also depend on what day they turn up as spraying can be greatly affected by the weather which you or i cannot predict.

best advice is only use someone who is recommended. best people to ask are people who work in car showrooms in and around your area as they will use them on small chips etc. you will soon find out who is the best.

hope this helps
Thats a good idea!:smthumbup

the mother in law works at BMW, So ill see who they use:smthumbup

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i had dealings with these as i said when i had my series 1 rst this was concourse and only 2 months after i had the whole car painted as you can imagine i was gutted so i spoke to 1 of these experts who said yep mate can do that no probs with it been new paint easy to match, after he'd done i said wat the **** is that, wrong colour, muck in the paint etc so big dispute and he didnt get paid 1 penny.I had to take car back to paint shop and have all bonnet and wing painted week before a major show gutted.........
i must say though there not all the same as this........

·
Banned
591 Posts
As above, totally hit or miss due to the vast number of individuals involved. Far better IMHO to build long-term relationships with a trusted bodyshop and decent detailer in your local area; this will cost more, but you can then relax knowing every job done will be a good one. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used chips away on a red car.I would challenge anyone to show where the chips were.It really is a matter of how good the individual is.I was left a small pot of touch up,and some polish as well.The guy spent the best part of 8 hrs doing the job,filling,rubbing down,painting,heating,repainting and so on.I would use him again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts