Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Evo 2 ECU code be rewritten by myself (with a blank EPROM and programmer) like the code for the old Galant VR-4s and the american Eclipses?

My mate just bought an Evo 2, and another has an Evo 1, and having already used DSM (Eclipse) code for a Galant VR-4 engine for my Colt, they're asking if I can do the same for them.

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Dont see why not, you would have to socket the board as factory chip is soldered in.... this is what Gizzmo and the like do,but they get new code from doing dyno testing etc.

I am after someone to dump the code from my factory chip which ive removed ( gizzmo fitted now ) so i can email it to DSMlink in the US to see if there Eclipse kit can be used on the early Evos...can you do this ?

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Tim,
Not looking too good unfortunatley, ive since found out Wreckleford has already been down this route, but ive still emailed DSMlink the chip dump and will see what they say, it does seem like the Eclipse ecu is quite a bit different in the way it stores its code :(

Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.