Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some1 at the Midlands meet today asked me about child seats 4 Evo's.
Apparently , she is having large difficulty in obtaining 1 4 an Evo 6 !
It seems that no Company will confirm compliance with the required British Standard.
Any1 sorted this , give me a post and I can pass it on as they r not online.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evo boy...

I use a mamas and amp; pappas primo vaggio (yeah I knwo the name sucks bigtime !) with a surefix base
I tried a few out at some shop and this seemed the most secure and its well rated in all the mags http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >, not autocar though... more like all eth baby mags so teh wife teels me.

You can buy a second base for a second car as well so its easy to slot in and out of different motors. Maybe if I ever get that Lotus Carlton I'll buy a second base myself [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the Recaro seat seat is the best with mini 4 point harnesses for your kid :)

Bit on the pricey side though :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have the Recaro child seat which we haven't really used yet as our little one is still just slightly too little for it! :)

Its for kids nine months to 11 years (I think 11 may be pushing it a bit and 8 would be more realistic). It's secured just by the seatbelt and meets quite a few standards (can't remember which ones, sorry).

Looks good too in both the VR4 and the Evo. Like Jon said though, it is a little pricy, with the seat, junior padding kit (for babies of nine months), the headrest and of course a recaro seatbelt cover, it came to about £225.

Hope this helps :)

DT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the Britax Cruiser child seat (age 2 - 8) which uses the standard seat belt. from memory they are about £60 from Halfrauds. Seemed to restrain/support child well and had a cover that was easy to remove to wash out those puke stains.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive got one of those (£200 for a recaro you are having a laugh, they are sick on them, spill ribena on them the cheaper the better).

£60 fits lovely....

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jon44

DIDNT KNOW YOU KNEW SO MUCH ABOUT KIDDIE CAR SEATS, HOLDING ANY SECRETS EH??

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I nearly bought the Recaro because it does look really good and I believe it to be very safe. However, in the end we bought a MAXI-COSIwhich has proved to be excellent. Besides the usual good features of being attached by the seat belt system and having easily removable and washable covers, it has 1 essentual feature, it tilts back for a sleeping position. This is a feature we would not be without. When on holiday and in hire cars with child seats that don'ttilt, our daughter has not slept as well and has had trouble getting to sleep. Hope this is of interest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What! do you mean you havent told anyone about our love child 4girlracer ;)

I cant believe you would walk out on me like that, leaving me to look after the kid :(

By the way, your monthly maintainance is now due :D

Im going to buy the kid some Tommi overalls and a crash helmet :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts