Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is a y2k turbo

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/y2k.html

Y2K Series Turbochargers are a durable mid-sized frame turbocharger capable of supporting up to 1,200 horsepower from a single turbocharger application. They work great in twin turbo 2,000 + horsepower applications. Ceramic Ball Bearing only.
------------------------

and this celica is a 1000 bhp drag car it has the same

DETAILS:
-2003 Toyota Celica GT-S
-Best ET: 8.17 @ 185 mph
-2.7 Toyota 3RZ-FE Four Cylinder
980 hp @ 7,700 rpm, 740 @ 4,700 lb-ft of torque
-LC Engineering oil pan
-JE custom pistons and rings
-TRD custom titanium connecting rods, headwork, valves, valve springs and retainers
-TRD custom camshafts with LC Engineering cam gears
-TRD custom intake manifold, fuel rail, and throttle body
-Weldon fuel regulator and fuel pump
-eight Bosche 1600cc injectors
-TRD custom exhaust manifold
-Turbonetics Y2K hybrid turbocharger, Godzilla blow-off valve and new generation waste-gate
-Spearco air-to-liquid intercooler
-C & R Racing Radiator
-Fortin 5 speed sequential transmission
-G-Force Engineering long shifter
-Tilton triple plate carbon/carbon clutch
-Motec CDI box ignition
-Penske custom 8100 shocks with Eibach springs
-Mark Willliams carbon disk brakes
-Weld Racing 15x12.5f, 15x4r forged aluminum wheels
-Goodyear 29x9x15f, skinny rear tires
-Frank's Custom Fiberglass carbon fiber body and integrated TRD sideskirts
-County Line Autobody and Paint, CG Airworks airbrushing
-WORLD electronics TBC-1 digital touchscreen and fully interactive boost control
-Motec M880 fuel management system
-Nomex covered custom carbon/kevlar shell with a molded Indy-style seat
-MOMO steering wheel and pedals

---------------

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: check this mother out

Damd VI said:
At first glance it looks quite like Inconel. McLaren used it for the exhaust on the F1.

Hideously expensive, as it's very, very light.
mate i thought so

i forgot how to pronounce it clivew told me about it 2 yrs back, yep looks real expensive :) u can tell its quality

·
Registered
165 Posts
Moses
said it was something special my manifold for my GTI-R should be very similar to this one.The pipework and quality of welds up close is nothing short of brilliant.
The way they have put together the dry sump kit is a picture also shame the car weighs so much it can't compete with the early evo lightweights and there 8 second 1/4s .

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Is there any particular reason it is dry sumped?

(thats not an inflamitory question before someone says something, because everyone always says the sump is good enough as is?)

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
robinsongtir said:
Moses
said it was something special my manifold for my GTI-R should be very similar to this one.The pipework and quality of welds up close is nothing short of brilliant.
The way they have put together the dry sump kit is a picture also shame the car weighs so much it can't compete with the early evo lightweights and there 8 second 1/4s .
i know what u mean now peter, its def a ******* cool manifold bros :) all the best with yours mate cant wait to see your finish article

and c# chris why dont u give rc a call yourself and find out why :D

peter didnt build it he is one of their customers who is getting his pulsar drag car tuned from them bud

·
Registered
608 Posts
C# said:
Is there any particular reason it is dry sumped?

More power. The crank isn't having to cut through the oil in the oilpan on each revolution. Be quite a loss on an engine as powerful as that.

Either that, or they are/were getting oil surge in high speed corners, with the oil all running to one side of the sump.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts