Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided I couldn't justify £300+ on a carbon splitter I'll probably crash off before too long; so went for cheap ebay copy.

I wasn't expecting perfection, my car isn't perfect, and my bumper/splitter interface got broken where a rabbit bumped his head on my car in Strines; but actually I've been pleasantly surprised.

It did require a little trimming/shaving, which resulted in a few cut fingers that you probably wouldn't get if you bought a proper one, but chicks dig scabby hands, right..?

Anyway, pics:

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Looks good that does for only a ton.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Sorry but bhp factory are rubbish they won't take back the really badly fitting splitter that I got off them , It went on but was twisted and bulging out at the side. The photos of the bad fitting are on my thread.... http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=472425&page=11

Sorry but I can't have other people having the misfortune of waisting there time and money with a company that has rubbish products and terrible customer service .

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmmm, yours doesn't look too well in those pics (splitter I mean; car itself looks ace - loving the orange against the white!); did you trim and file the lugs when fitting?

As I've said, I found it needed a bit of tidying work to fit nice and snug, tightened up working center out, but I don't have any 'gaps' like yours did :eek:

No experience of after sales, but it turned up the next day via DPD with tracking no. provided - can't complain.

Shame about your experience; maybe someone else needs to but one to test if you got a bad one, or I got lucky...:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Worst thing is it was my first ever eBay purchase, did the same started from centre , I even had to re thread one of the fixing as it was naff and use a longer bolt just to get it to pull in , if u see one of the photos had the oem splitter on top of the bhp one there is no way it can fit with out twisting and rippling , but lucky u lol.
Thanks for the compliment still got lots to do to her:smthumbup

·
Registered
310 Posts
Also have one on mine mate. With the stupid slope in the entrance to my carpark being so steep couldn't bear getting a carbon one knowing well it will crack. :wallbang: The good thing with this splitter is its polyurethane so flexes and bends without cracking easily. Was also pleasantly surprised with the fit. Very little modding. :smthumbup

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nope fits great with out any gaps. Surface was a bit uneven. Some sanding and a few coats of plastidip looks great now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry but bhp factory are rubbish they won't take back the really badly fitting splitter that I got off them , It went on but was twisted and bulging out at the side. The photos of the bad fitting are on my thread.... http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=472425&page=11

Sorry but I can't have other people having the misfortune of waisting there time and money with a company that has rubbish products and terrible customer service .
What did you expect for 100 quid... :wallbang:

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
What did you expect for 100 quid... :wallbang:
I expected it to fit mate but..... Since my bad luck and hearing that you guys got a good fitment I have been paying more attention to all different makes and styles and seen a couple of £400 odd carbon ones with bad or even worst fitting so I guess in the long run a bhp splitter being that it is so robust is going to be the best option :smthumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts