Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed a few extra stone chips on my bonnet, front wings and front bumper probably due to all the crap on the roads recently. Is there a cheapish way to sort them as im guessing respraying these panels would cost hundreds of £££s. Does the usual touch up paint stuff from mitsubishi leave a nasty finish?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
be interested to see if anybody rates this drcolourchip stuff :smthumbup as i have a few chips id like to get shot of :D

John :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Aright guys, I have a good few chips up the side of doors and wings too, anyone used these products yet? or got a reasonably cheap fix for stone chips? couldn't get a paint match in paints for you (paint doctor).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have just used the Drcolour chip on my Palma Red 8
Absolutly delighted with the results :smthumbup:smthumbup
Rear doors and front wings done so far,bonnet left to do

·
Registered
704 Posts
Have just used the Drcolour chip on my Palma Red 8
Absolutly delighted with the results :smthumbup:smthumbup
Rear doors and front wings done so far,bonnet left to do
Excellent, just what I was wanting to hear!, easy to apply?, did you buy 2 kits?, bit sceptical, but thinkin bout givin it a go, sorry for au the questions mate.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've just ordered a DrColorchip kit for my car, as my front end is really, REALLY bad.

I spent hours last night reading up on it on the interweb, and it seems that nearly everyone has found it really impressive.

So, here's hoping.....

·
Registered
750 Posts
well i bought the dr colorchip kit for my silver 6 and didnt find it very good in the end as i found the colour was not as good as match as the touch up pen from halfords. I know silver is hard to match and have seen some good results on other colours so as long as you car isnt silver i think you would get a good finish with dr colorchip.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Excellent, just what I was wanting to hear!, easy to apply?, did you buy 2 kits?, bit sceptical, but thinkin bout givin it a go, sorry for au the questions mate.
Very easy to do - did think oh **** when I first used it as it looked like it was not going to work -bought the large kit,more that enough to do what i needed to do 4/5 times over,results to me are spot on and Im very fussy.
the chipex stuff looks the same

·
Registered
72 Posts
Absolutely amazing stuff - unbelievable for small peppered type chips. You literally will not be able to find them after. For larger chips it takes the edge off them and usually is an excellent color match.

Only problem is with the laws these days - if ordering it from america you will spend almost the same cost again on post due to being hazardous materials

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
the only red they have on there is Rally red 06+... is this going to be the right red for a TME? anyone know?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
i have some stone chips on my evo 6 satellite sliver whats the best solution any one did the touching up them selves? ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts