Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can anyone recommend the cheapest way to get an evo4 0.60 in 3.7 secs or less, thanks, i have an induction kit blitz, fse boost valve, dump valve, and a decated scorpian full exhaust system already any other way or would i have to change the clutch as well.

thanks moses

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moses, come along to the Rolling road day next month at star in glenrothes. There will be a few guys there with their finger on the pulse about tuning, although sub four seconds is pushing it a bit.

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There isn't a cheap way to get to 3.7 secs on a 4. Possible but not cheap! Wish you luck though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out the spec of Simon Michaels car in the Members Car section. It will give you some idea of the spec needed. Just click on the picture for spec.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad news is there's no cheap way about it!!
To reduce your 0-60 times you will have to change or modify your turbo and run lots of boost,
mapped ECU, megga clutch, possibly different gearing for acceleration.
Not practical mod though, are you preparing your car for time trials ot Santa Pod?
I have a Dragon 400bhp conversion on my E4, mainly aimed for torque!!!YumYum:):D
Gives us a email for contact number and I'll have a chat to you about what you can do for your car!:)

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi mate my email is [email protected]

yeah it does 3.10 i have timed it a few times with this, and i wanted to take on a diablo at a quarter mile race, it beats a berlinetta and modena and aslo the porsche carrera 2 and gt3
so i aslo wanted to take on a bike.

thanks for replying ever come to glasgow i will take u for a run on it.

its bloody fast
as ####

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get your local school to construct an absolutely ******* massive catapult !
if they did it as a science project and encouraged local businesses etc,hell,maybe even those nice people the labour party could help,
this would be the cheapest way,unless of course,anyone can come up with a cheaper solution.
jump off cliff etc ,not allowed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
collect the SUN NEWSPAPER TOKENS FOR ALTON TOWERS . this will let you go on the OBILIVION and that does 0 /76 mph in 2 seconds all this for £20 . failing that jump of the local church tower .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know the cheapest way to get it under 4 secs phone outrun scotland george or robert there ev6 six does it in 3.5 and it blasted a ferrari f40 in a quarter mile run no bull, at the crail track loads of people where watching but his way is expensive but he can make your evo 4,5,6 go under 4 secs by spending about 2500 pounds
give him a call his number is 01324 631 901

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this some sort of pathetic advert scam for Outrun in Scotland who ever they are?
Hmmm under 4secs for £2500, well the clutch will cost you £1100 for a start...........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha its not a pathetic advert scam the guy tunes my car thats why i recommend him and i recommend kenny brown motor engineers too in glasgow he has got a great record he is the best in glasgow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Moses

I'm from Glasgow and am having trouble finding a reputable, reliable place to get my car sorted.

The information I can find on these two places is, well, sketchy to say the least. Any chance you could point me in the direction of independant testimony to the worth of Outrun and Kenny Brown? If I had to go on Outrun's website I must say I'd be heading in the opposite direction at full chat!

Even if you could give me their addresses I could drop in by and scope them out.

Ta.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi mate yeah i swear i wont lie to u kenny brown is the best in this side of town, loads of people come from ayrshire and other places to go to him, peopel rather take their scoobys and tvrs to him that a proper dealer garage his number is 0141 882 6757

ans outrun are brilliant for tuning and service too the guys been tuning cars for ages his name is george hsi mumber is 01324 631901

he is in falkirk go to grahams rd and give him a call he's near their and kenny brown is next to makro in hillington so give them a call any probs give me a email at [email protected] i can meet u up someday i have an evo 4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1) Get an Autronics/Motec tuned to about 1.6 bar (that's what the good tuners can bring the standard engine up to). Set it up with launch control.
2) Install a Cusco twin-plate clutch which comes with a lightened flywheel. (Its the most driveable -- almost like a standard clutch)
3) Uprated fuel pump to flow aound 240l/hr
4) Change your spark plugs

That should be enough, even better if yours is an RS.

If you have enough money to spare, do the cams and change your studs and bolts!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My friend launched his car with Autronics launch control at 0.5 bar with semi-slicks. All 4 wheels spun before the car just suddenly flew as if iit had no weight, amazing stuff! He tried it at 1.1 bar and broke his driveshaft, and this is with a standard turbo mind you!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts